Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Q6 flopped two pair

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

No special reads on the two opponents

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 6h Qh (two pair, queens and sixes).
MP1 has Qs Ah (two pair, aces and queens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 11.50 BB. </font>

Is there a better way to play this hand? I'm thinking 3-betting the flop, lead out on turn and fold to a raise...

SkyRocker
Old 03-21-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Q6 flopped two pair

I like 3-betting the flop and leading the turn because I don't want any free cards coming off.

Barring a complete disaster, (another Ace coming off, for example), on the turn or river I would showdown here 100% of the time, regardless of the turn action.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:53 PM

I'd three bet the flop. If capped i'd lead the turn and call down if raised. Unless your two pair is counterfitted, i am not folding this at any point.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:01 PM

I may well have played it the same way you did. There's no way to see AQ coming. Villain will play this way on the flop with almost any ace. The only two holdings you have to worry about are A6 and 66 which are both very unlikely. (Unless you've caught villain being passive with AQ or sneaky with QQ/KK/AA before, anyway - but all of those put together are still unlikely compared to just an ace.) The checkraise on the turn gets more money into the pot than 3-betting the flop does, if you are ahead, and you usually are.

The chance of higher two pair goes up considerably when that king comes. Still, I am not going to check-fold this river... betting the river and folding to a raise is an option.

Disclaimer: given how much I lost this past weekend, "I'd play it the same way you did" just might be construed as an insult...lol!
Old 03-21-2005, 07:10 PM

That is called bad luck.

That flop raise can be flush draw or any ace. 3 bet.

Turn

lead call a raise(flush draw less likely)

River
Bet call a raise(raise on the river isnt good for you)

I cant say playing the cr on the turn is wrong. I really thought he was on a flush draw or Ax.

For the results. AQ is always PFR... take a note on him being stupid and take your money back from him.

I hate this happened to you, but the fact he got extra bets out of you by being stupid will make him do this again. Overall he is losing money, but he is to dumb to see that. Good for us.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like 3-betting the flop and leading the turn because I don't want any free cards coming off.

[/ QUOTE ]

How sure do you need to be that Villain will bet the turn to check-raise it in this hand?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:47 PM

Bad beat