Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Why is eveyone here so anti-religious?

Why is eveyone here so anti-religious? Whats eveyones fixation of trying to prove all religions are voilent. It would seem like an empty life without any type of religious belief. I'm not a huge religion guy by all means, I barely go to chuch. But this forum is just filled with people who hate religion. People talk about all the killing and crusades that religions produce. But I believe an argument can be made that more killings and violence is produced by non religious people. Religion is also a loose term, for this arguemnt I'm not talking about people on the extremist side of any type of religion. It seems people here define each religion based on the people who abuse the religion because thats what they hear. You dont see news stories on TV about good christians, or good islmaics so people tend to think religion is full of extrimists and people trying to seek voilence. I'm not on some preacher here to get people to believe in a religion, I'm just trying to find why people here aren't remotely religious and are so determined to offend every religion possible.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Why is eveyone here so anti-religious?

Atheists vent their anger here because it is not socially acceptable for atheists to criticize religion in most other places.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:19 PM

Study philosophy. Absolute morality has dangerous consequences when it take it to its logical conclusion.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:32 PM

I'm anti-religion because if I were to believe in the big G, I don't believe that communicating with him would require force or an intermediary.

Religion was invented as a tool for control. Not necessarily to control people, but definitely to control the unknown and fear. I would argue that the promise of the afterlife is 90% of the motivation behind most believers, because death is inevitable and the fear of nonexistence is so frightening. Otherwise why would so many religions promise access to an afterlife, IF you fall in line?

Greed has always been the #1 motivator for killing, religion is often usurped as a tool to advance that greed. How then are extremely greedy people allowed to sheperd the flocks, so to speak? What kind of creator would allow that?

I say the exact opposite, the bonds offered by religion guarantee an empty life.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 PM

Have mercy on the religion bashers. Their hatred probably stems from deep psychological problems from their childhood. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Disapprove of their sin, but love the sinner. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 PM

The angry atheists are worse than the ardent believers, in that they provide no comic relief.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Atheists vent their anger here because it is not socially acceptable for atheists to criticize religion in most other places.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of the time my sisters Catholic boyfriend took me to a pub, in fact it was actually a Catholic club, the conversation started on Christmas trees, I have no idea how I got round to saying all the stuff about Catholics. Heck my whole family are Catholics and I hate the hypocritical f$%kers.

Mack
Old 08-03-2005, 01:49 PM

Yes, but I'd put it at 9-1 you get ripped off by an "ardent believer" versus an atheis.

I don't trust any extremists, whether political or religious. As far as religious I include Born Agains, Hassids, etc.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have mercy on the religion bashers. Their hatred probably stems from deep psychological problems from their childhood.

Disapprove of their sin, but love the sinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats true of my father, he was beaten with a stick regularly by his masters for not attending church, so when he got to 11 and didn't have to go, he said to himself, 'any god who needs to have kids beaten in order to worship him is no god I want a part of'. I guess its a good job they leathered the [censored] out of him, else myself and my sister would have probably got the same brainwashing treatment he did when he was a kid.

Regards Mack
Old 08-03-2005, 02:08 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I don't trust any extremists, whether political or religious.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

Says the guy who predicted Republicans would bomb an American city before the 2004 election.