Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Batting 1000, \"Sup Bro\'s\" are good people.

Met two more at Belterra Friday, we sat at the 6-12 together, good times. They are welcome at my poker table anytime and no they were not fish.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Batting 1000, \"Sup Bro\'s\" are good people.

I've never used the "sup bro" at a live table. Sounds more awkward.

Do you just sit down and say "Sup bro"? What happens when every single person (who responds) says something sounding like "sup"? Do they have to wink, too? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 07-16-2005, 01:52 PM

You can tell the sup bro cause he's the only one not playing every suited jack.

Sup bro?
Cleatus? That you?
Old 07-16-2005, 03:58 PM

I rarely say "Sup Bro?" Usually get PM'ed or read a post to know who will be where, etc. I have probably played with a number of "Sup Bro's" that didn't introduce themselves.

There aren't a lot of fat guys wearing sporty grey tweed hats in the poker room so it isn't terribly hard to figure out who I am.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:25 PM

SB, so what limits are they spreading there now?

And....how was that 6/12 game???

Thx
Old 07-16-2005, 08:18 PM

Pretty much anything you can get enough interest to fill a table. They had 2-4,3-6,4-8, 6-12, 10-20, 15-30, NL $400 max buyin, an interst list for pineapple and they almost but not quite had enough players for 4-8 Omaha hi low split.

6-12 was good. One young guy sat down by mistake, thought He was sitting in a 4-8 game but won the first pot and decided to stay. Probably a bad idea because He was drinking shots, chasing it with water then drinking a Corona or something similar. He busted out after about the third round of drinks.

some guy that looked like a grown up Jody from a Family Affair sat down, He was like the ultimate fish. Here is an example, I had seen him play for a while because against anyone else, I don't play like this so here goes.

I have KJd in the small blind and raise three or four limpers. Jody reraises, everybody folds to me and I just call. Flop is AKA suits unimportant. Naturally I assume He has an Ace but I want to see so I bet, Jody calls. Turn is another Ace, I bet Jody calls, river is an 8. I bet Jody calls and turns over 88 for aces full of 8's. MHIG

I got there at 1 PM played 3-6 for 3 1/2 hours, moved to 4-8 when it came available played about four hours of 4-8 and they finally opend a 6-12 game at 8:10 PM. I played until 12:15 AM and decided to leave. I shouldn't have left that good of a game but I didn't want to fall a sleep driving home because getting killed is -EV. Eleven hours of poker is pretty much the max I can stand and still function.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:49 PM

SB.....what, no Caesars for you?

I have'nt been to Belterra yet, but have read somewhere
the rake is less.

I also read where Caesars started back up the 4/8 limit
game which was always my (bankroll) favorite.

Thanks for the reply. I'll be at Caesars two weeks from
today for the 85+15 NL event, then some 4/8 or 5/10.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:31 AM

PM me so I don't forget and I'll try to stop by and say hello. I am mad at Caesar's again but it probably won't last.

Yes, they did away with the 3-6. They spread a maximum of (2)2-4 games for beginners, 4-8, 5-10, 10-20 now has a full kill and pretty much everything else is the same.

I srtuggle with understanding Caesar's IN. They won't start an interest list for 6-12 because it is to close to 5-10 but they did away with 3-6 and you guys can check my math but isn't 4-8 just as close to 5-10 as 6-12?

Probably like when I used to work in a factory, I would get called in the office, chewed out and told that I just didn't understand "the Big Picture".
Old 07-18-2005, 10:01 AM

Steam,

It was a pleasure meeting you Friday! After reading a bunch of your posts, I figured you were a good guy.

FYI, I was right about the two tourists that sat down just before you left. The guy to your immediate right dropped $200 in one orbit. I took about $75 from him with pocket K's against his pocket 10's. After a broadway flop, he figured "his tens were either good or I had a good drawing hand!" Gotta love tourists.

The other action you missed, I folded J9 of clubs after a two reraises on the flop (one club), only to see runner runner straight flush. I was sick for a while about that.

Look forward to seeing you down there again.

Good luck in the future!

PS, you'll have to get Tripdad to tell you about how he lagged it up on a 2/4 table. It is a story to behold!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:08 AM

I had already played 11 hours so I would have been the fish. I hated to leave that table but us old fat guys get really sleepy driving home.