Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Still \"struggling\" with middle pair

No reads. I guess this is typical party .5/1 table.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero folds, SB folds.

Pot ain't that big, there is flush draw showing plus overcard and three players before me in the pot. If it were check-check-MP2 bets, I would raise. right?

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (7 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Yep, I am result oriented. he had the same hand as I
Old 07-18-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Still \"struggling\" with middle pair

[ QUOTE ]
Pot ain't that big, there is flush draw showing plus overcard and three players before me in the pot. If it were check-check-MP2 bets, I would raise. right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a read on MP2 I would do this with A9 but not Q9 personally.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:39 AM

Preflop: Eh, this a marginal call, I think. It's probably okay for most Party tables at this level. And hey, look at that, you "bought" the button. Neat.

Flop: Although this is a somewhat ragged board, the BB could still be betting just about any two cards, particularly a club draw, a 5, or a 9 that you probably beat. The calls are scary, but nobody raised as you would generally expect with somebody who has top pair. Even so, you're getting 8:1 with 5 outs to improve to two pair or trips -- if you're behind. I think this is a standard call. Raising doesn't protect your hand, if you're behind, and just a 9 doesn't have much pot equity with a club draw on the board (and several overcards also beat you).

(Theoretical) Turn/River: In general, I start thinking that mid-pair is the best hand at this point. You've accounted for two of the kings, and nobody showed any (useful) aggression. I usually raise this turn and take the inevitable free showdown on the river, assuming a blank (like the 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) hits. If you're bet into on the river after raising the turn, I think you can usually fold.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:52 AM

I like your line! If I raise the turn and get reraised, I fold?
Old 07-18-2005, 05:12 AM

Good fold. Your kicker can't even beat a King, the bettor has two overcallers, and there is a flush draw on the board. You have no Flush chance whatsoever and only a BD Straight chance. Drop it like a hot potato.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, I am result oriented. he had the same hand as I

[/ QUOTE ]
And what were the other two donks in the hand calling down with? You might be making plenty of money on this table with your good hands if these guys are Donktastic. No need to chase with sub-marginal garbage. Don't Worry, Be Happy.