Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 01:07 AM

Default TT

Canterbury 15/30 (9 handed)
Villain here is a bit of a rock. I saw him get aggressive earlier and readnhis hand pefectly (middle set). I have never seen him do anything insane, and he tends to back off to aggression.

I raise T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG, 2 donks CC (one being villain, BB calls.)

Flop (4 players) (8.67SB)
8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, I bet, call, villain raises, BB folds, I 3-bet, fold, villain calls.

Turn (2 players) (7.8BB) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, villain raises, I.............
Old 08-03-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: TT

[ QUOTE ]
I have never seen him do anything insane, and he tends to back off to aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

With this in mind, folding is probably correct here, as he'd be unlikely to semibluff CR here. A8 clubs is just about the only hand that somebody like this could reasonably have that you're ahead of here. I'd say almost certain you're looking at a set here. Big pot, but with this one, you're showing a lot of strength, so its really hard to imagine a rockish type playing back with something you beat.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:44 AM

This hand is very read dependent.

1. Will he play TT/99 this way?
2. Will he coldcall 33?
3. Will he coldcall A8s-A7s and if so, would he play A8s or Ac7c this way?

Your effective odds are 12:2. If he will sometimes play 99, Ac7c, A8s this way, then you calldown. If he plays only TT-77 this way, then you are still 50% to win.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your effective odds are 12:2. If he will sometimes play 99, Ac7c, A8s this way, then you calldown. If he plays only TT-77 this way, then you are still 50% to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is a good point, and I didn't really crunch the numbers out, but I just figured that TT and 99 would not be played this way by somebody who typically backs when facing aggression. and with those out of the picture it seems like its not even that close, since you'd have 1 or 2 hand combo's that have tons of outs against you, and the rest have you crushed.

obviously this will depend on the specific player, so as you said, this is indeed a very read dependant play.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:37 AM

Does he fold JJ to a 3 bet? Just kidding, fold.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:11 AM

I think your description that villian as a bit of a rock might be a little off. From the flop on, he's playing his hand like he's holding AA-77 or 87s. Preflop, he should have either 3 bet or folded anything that has you beat in a 5.67sb pot. So, if he coldcalls when he should 3 bet (AA-JJ) he's got you beat. If he coldcalls when he should fold (88, 77, 87s) he's got you beat. If he's got a coldcalling hand that he should play this way (TT, 99) then call him down. So, what's he got?