Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 03:13 PM

Default AK in a tricky situation.

Crypto 1/2
Arrgh, didn't know at all what to do here, please enlighten me!
donnieuk bluffs at everything. He stole many pots by betting into preflop raisers, raising, checkraising etc until everyone found out what he was doing. Interpoker has no cap HU and I saw him 5-bet as a bluff with crap.
Since Lahnet knows this I feared that he was raising me with a worse hand, or that he had something like two pair. Ok to coldcall the flop and turn? I have a decent draw to beat two pair and I may even be ahead. What do I gain by 3-betting the flop? I thought about doing that and fold to a bet and a raise on the turn.
On the river I decided he wasnt fooling around a third time.

Sorry for posting 4 in a row, my grammar and the hand format. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dealt to MrEngenic [Kd As]
donnieuk: calls $1
gildwulf: folds
pony512: folds
hardways: folds
Lahnet: calls $1
MrEngenic: raises $2
_Robban_: folds
Salsa: folds
Gunonfire: folds
Lahnet: calls $1
----- FLOP ----- [Jd Qs Kh]
donnieuk: bets $1
Lahnet: raises $2
MrEngenic: calls $2
----- TURN ----- [Jd Qs Kh][3s]
donnieuk: bets $2
Lahnet: raises $4
MrEngenic: calls $4
donnieuk: calls $2
----- RIVER ----- [Jd Qs Kh 3s][3d]
donnieuk: bets $2
Lahnet: raises $4
MrEngenic: folds
donnieuk: folds
Old 05-04-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: AK in a tricky situation.

Ughhh, that's such a great turn card - it sucks that it got raised in front of you. It would've been a nice spot to "wait till the turn" to raise.
I don't think you can play this hand much differently.
I agree with you that if Lahnet was trying to push you out, he probably would've given up by the river after 2 coldcalls.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:20 PM

If villian knows how donnieuk plays, you gotta raise this flop. You have tptk, raise for value. Villian could be betting any piece of this flop. Raise and see how he plays it from there, the whole hand will play different.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:23 PM

I would raise the flop, you have TPTK. That way, you can see how they react. They could have a straight, or two pair there. I can't see them callin the raise with either Q3 or J3, so a QJ, KQ, AT, JT, those seem more likely. Therefore, when the river comes out with the 3, you have two pair as well. I don't put them on the 3.
I would raise the flop, and call down.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:07 PM

You gotta call the river dude. The pot is huge if he has QJ his two pair just got counterfitted. You might have had the best hand all along. I can see somebody playing a pair + OESD playing like this too. There are just too many hands you have beat to fold this river. You probably lose this hand 60% of the time or more but you're getting 8:1 on this call. This means you only need to win 12% (assuming the bluffer usually doesn't reraise) to show a profit.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:15 PM

Yeah. I didn't even think about the 3's counterfeiting a two pair hand.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:28 PM

Are you saying MP3 is an observant player, capable of making a move? These could be raises to isolate (and for value, if UTG is betting with any two) when he has TPRK. You have TPTK, you really should raise the flop. It will help define your hand in relation to where everyone else stands. The one problem here is if UTG bluff-caps (what?), then you will never know what MP3's repsonse would have been and you'll just go through the same junk on the turn.

If MP3 is your typical fish or rock (more common on Cryptos, from what I'm told) then you are probably cooked, you may as well fold the flop (you don't have the odds to draw out to anything else).

I don't know if I agree with calling the river because you may have counterfiet his flopped two pair. You still lose to KQ and KJ and only beat JQ. Of course, there are many other holdings he could have (some of which you may beat) but a two pair geting counterfiet here means little.

-K
Old 05-04-2005, 04:33 PM

Knowing that UTG is a bluffer, I think I 3-bet this flop. Chances are you have the best hand with TPTK and if you don't, CO will let you know it. You're only behind KJ/QJ/AT. I think in most cases you'll find villain has Kx and you'll win. Come the river, the board pairing saves you when he's holding QJ.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:41 PM

Flop 3 bet is good. TP/TK and you also have outs to the nut straight (granted, somebody else might have an ace too). If you're going to fold, fold the turn to 2 bets. I call the river, as I now have Kings-up and bluffer is padding the pot for us.