Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 04:33 PM

Default TC the Table Coach

[ QUOTE ]
"It's a metaphor. In fact, it might be an analogy or a simile, but it doesn't really matter because nobody over the age of twelve ever remembers the difference anyway."

[/ QUOTE ]

Another great installment, but not nearly enough plot progression. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Thanks, Lorinda! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: TC the Table Coach

I appreciate the feedback.

I have had several kind generic emails, but very few people have pointed out things that they would like to see changed or highlighted parts that they liked.
It's always nice to know which parts people like and dislike as I'm still very much feeling my way with balancing both the difficulty level and the other content of the series and I agree with you that the plot was neglected too much this month.

I always appreciate any kind comments that people make, but the critical comments are the ones that (hopefully) improve my writing.

Lori
Old 10-04-2005, 10:04 PM

Hi CardSharpCook:

TC the Table Coach is actually an allegory representing the struggles of good versus evil, and will challenge mankind to rise to a higher moral and ethical plain. In time, it will be remembered as an equal to other great allegories, with Moby Dick being a good example, that have a similar message.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-04-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi CardSharpCook:

TC the Table Coach is actually an allegory representing the struggles of good versus evil, and will challenge mankind to rise to a higher moral and ethical plain. In time, it will be remembered as an equal to other great allegories, with Moby Dick being a good example, that have a similar message.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Comparing TC to Moby Dick is carrying sarcasm to a whole new level. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

But I read it every month and am hoping the plot goes somewhere soon.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:11 PM

Hi fyodor:

Well, it's the closest we could come, and I happen to like it.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 10-05-2005, 12:22 AM

Well, it is a very fun story, but it is your writing that I enjoy. You have a very good written sense of humor. The way you slowly unravel an amusing situation like TC's "girlfriend" or Ears. Each episode keeps me grinning ear to ear.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:20 PM

Hi Lori,

I've enjoyed the series of articles as well. However, is there any way to get to the older installments? When I read the new one each month, I've more or less forgotten the story up to that point. The previous issues that are still online are accessible enough but being able to read the whole story up to the current one would be nice. Its tough to keep a story told in installments fluid when the installments are rather short (as they need to be as defined by the magazine) and spaced a month apart.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"It's a metaphor. In fact, it might be an analogy or a simile, but it doesn't really matter because nobody over the age of twelve ever remembers the difference anyway."

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember the difference. Should I be worried?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:35 PM

A friend has hosted the articles that are no longer available on 2+2 on their website for me. The link is in my profile.

I hope to have my own site for the articles in the near future.

Lori
Old 10-05-2005, 06:59 PM

Cool, thanks. I barely remember what happened in the first couple... Now I have something else to do at work (besides what I'm paid for [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])