Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 03:13 AM

Default AA, 4 straight board on the turn

Interpoker $0.50/$1. I'm on the button with $138.50. Villain is SB with $149.30. He's been playing very loose and aggressive.

Preflop: One limper to me, I find A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and make it $6, hoping that one of the blinds will put me on a steal and call with trash. Villain instacalls, BB and limper drop out.

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, I bet $20 into a $14.00 pot (not sure why I overbet, but given villain's play, i expect him to call with a very VERY wide range of hands). Villain calls.

Turn: (4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain open-pushes for $123.30 into a $51.50 pot.

I fold.

Given villain's image, i think i should have called, but at the same time, i think that this might be a situation where I can find a better time to bust a LAG.

Thoughts?
Old 02-11-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: AA, 4 straight board on the turn

I do like waiting here for a better opportunity.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:21 AM

This is an easy play for the villian. Your overbet on the flop looks like you have a hand that you want to protect from a some what coordinated board.

When the worst card in the deck hits for a preflop raiser (did he put your 5X BB raise on 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, or 77?) it's the perfect opportunity to take the pot away from you with any two.

The problem is, he can make this play with the above pairs, as well as 99 - AA, as well as Ax.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:35 AM

my problem here is that given the way that the villain has been playing, 22 and 77 are certainly viable holdings, but he could just as likely be holding 88-KK and think his hand is good. I think that I probably laid down the winner, but this is definitely a situation where i could find a better spot to bust him, since he could realistically have me beat.