Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Wow, did this gimmick account backfire tragically

My first gimmick account, and rest assured, my last.

I was trying to show how ridiculous it is to blame the dealer for everything. Unfortunately, the sarcasm was lost on most.

I didn't have to go back very far to find several posts describing an irregularity in the action, with the OP and several others usually blaming the dealer. No matter who did what, or how quickly it was done, they all concluded that the dealer was obviously the one to blame for the irregularity.

"I keep making verbal declarations that no one can hear. The dealer didn't hear me say I wanted to bet. I can't believe she'd make such a horrible mistake."

"I bet out of turn. The player to my right immediately spoke up, and said that he hadn't acted yet. It can't be my fault that I don't know where the action is. So it must be the dealer's."

Imagine my surprise when the outcry came from the dealers, the very people I was trying to defend.

I apologize to all who were upset. If my point wasn't clear, that's no one's fault but my own.

(And if more people would use the phrase "no one's fault but my own," this gimmick never would have been created.)

[/gimmick]
Old 11-27-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Wow, did this gimmick account backfire tragically

[ QUOTE ]
My first gimmick account, and rest assured, my last.

I was trying to show how ridiculous it is to blame the dealer for everything. Unfortunately, the sarcasm was lost on most.

I didn't have to go back very far to find several posts describing an irregularity in the action, with the OP and several others usually blaming the dealer. No matter who did what, or how quickly it was done, they all concluded that the dealer was obviously the one to blame for the irregularity.

"I keep making verbal declarations that no one can hear. The dealer didn't hear me say I wanted to bet. I can't believe she'd make such a horrible mistake."

"I bet out of turn. The player to my right immediately spoke up, and said that he hadn't acted yet. It can't be my fault that I don't know where the action is. So it must be the dealer's."

Imagine my surprise when the outcry came from the dealers, the very people I was trying to defend.

I apologize to all who were upset. If my point wasn't clear, that's no one's fault but my own.

(And if more people would use the phrase "no one's fault but my own," this gimmick never would have been created.)

[/gimmick]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm is hard to convey over an internet forum, so don't be so surprised that no one got it (myself included). Appreciate the effort but the best way to improve this forum is to keep posting good advice and ignore rants and bad beat stories.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Wow, did this gimmick account backfire tragically

I got the sarcasm.
I think many of the ones who did not are either "TheDealerIsAlwaysToBlame" or "TheDealerIsAlwaysBlameless".