Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2002, 02:51 PM

Default ethics question

I posted this previously in small stakes and didn't get the response I was looking for. It also apparently confused some people, so I'll try to make it crystal clear.

I'm playing in a $3-$6 game with a kill. The table is hanging at 8 players with one really bad player who was walking a lot. The bad player is an off-duty cardroom employee. I notice that when I have the BB, the dealer hurriedly brings the flop without giving me the option to raise. I haven't been looking at my cards until it's my turn to act, so I look down to find QQ and the dealer is already bringing out the flop(which brings an Ace and a King). Then I notice that when the really bad playing employee is in the BB, he offers her the option [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]. This pisses me off a little bit. Later on, a new guy sits down two to my left. He starts posting his BB right after I've played mine. So I'm supposed to be in the SB now, but I hesitate and the guy to my immediate left puts up the SB. So now I'm on the button and the guy to my right has jumped from the SB to the cutoff and the guy to my immediate left is skipping the BB and is playing for $1 per round. I consider saying something, but I've got a bit of a chip on my shoulder, so I don't. I'm pretty sure that I was the only one at the table who knew what was happening, and it happened round after round. If the dealer had been treating me fairly when I was in the BB, I might have said something, but I'm not sure. Of course I definitely would have spoken up if I were getting screwed out of the button, so there's the quandry. Are my actions defensible? (and no, I'm not going to be playing there anymore)