Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 03:41 AM

Default Yucky 3/6 Live

3/6 live full kill. This table may be the softest live table I have been at all summer. One player bets EVERY time it is checked to him on the flop, turn, and river. He is putting everyone else on major tilt and we are usually taking the turn 6 handed for any number of raises.

Despite all this, I finished down $210 in 5 hours - my worst session of the summer at the best table. In those 5 hours I don't think I had a single flush, straight, boat, and one set, which lost on the river.

Anyway this post actually has a poker question in it, about a hand I think I played rather poorly. All comments/criticisms appreciated.

I have AJs in MP and raise one terrible limper. LP 3 bets quickly (he is pretty good, quite aggressive). 3 callers back to me and I call.

Flop is AQ8 one of my suit. Checked to me and I bet, LP raises. Terrible player calls 2 cold and I call.

Turn is a low blank of my suit. EP checks, I check, LP bets, we both call.

River is an Ace, not my suit, EP bets. I think and call, LP immediately raises. EP calls, I think and call.

I really never took initiative in this hand except to lead the flop, and I was never sure where I was at the whole way (except that I wanted a 3rd of my suit on the river, not another ace).

Thanks in advance for any help,
DeathDonkey
Old 08-13-2004, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Yucky 3/6 Live

Hey DeathDonkey,

It sounds like you played this hand pretty well. I don't think you could retake the lead barring realizing your nut backdoor flush draw. Then you can bet or check-raise the river as you see fit.

From the sound of the action it looks like EP has a weak A, but became "trip" happy on the river and decided to lead. That's my only explanation at least. You're probably behind the LP because he either has AK for trips with a better kicker or AQ/QQ for a boat, however if LP has AK or AQ, I have no idea what EP was so giddy about on the river, so I'll stick with QQ here.

No, I think this is pretty good. I'd do it the same as you.

Garland
Old 08-13-2004, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Yucky 3/6 Live

Hi Garland,

Thanks for the comments. Your hand reading skill is better than mine, as LP had QQ. I felt he could have AJ or AT here and was forced to call the last bet. EP was beyond terrible and had some crappy two pair.

Thanks again,
DeathDonkey