Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2004, 08:47 PM

Default More on Rush L.

I don't believe Rush should be put in jail for using illegal drugs but for DRUG TRAFFICKING. I'm for the legalization of drugs but Rush deserves to be prosecuted by the same standards he holds others to. No way he was eating all those pills. He was selling them. Big money in that....
gummy d [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2004, 09:04 AM

Default Re: More on Rush L.

I don't think Rush should go to jail, because I am against putting non violent drug users and sellers in jail.

But I definitely do think Rush Limbaugh could learn a lot from jail.

He exclaimed for years on his shows that drug users deserve long prison sentences. It turns out that the guy was stoned out of his mind on the air from 1998 on.

He is a gigantic hypocrite and I have no respect for him.

He also bloviates too much.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:13 PM

There is a difference being addicted to medicine because of lifelong chronic back pain and being addicted to recreational drugs. It is human nature to take steps to avoid pain. If Rush had criticized people addicted to pain killers because of chronic pain...then YES he would be hypocritical. BUT he didn't. Any drug references he made in the past referred to recreational drugs such as pot and cocaine.

When Brett Favre announced his addiction to pain killers, Rush spoke very nicely of him.

By the way, I have been a long time listener of Rush and I don't recall him EVER saying he wanted longer sentences for drug users...... I doubt you can cite one quote....

He did criticize Dukakis for giving a prison furlough to Willie Horton who then went on a crime spree.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When Brett Favre announced his addiction to pain killers, Rush spoke very nicely of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Brett Favre is a far bigger jackass than Rush Limbaugh could ever hope to be. All the people attacking Rush around here have probably never even listened to the show and try to use anything their grubby little hands can grab onto to make him look bad, as if Rush is a buffoon like Michael Moore or Jesse Jackson.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:07 PM

i believe, correct me if i'm wrong, that rush was busted with well over a 1000 oxycottons. my point was that while rush may be an addict he was also a distributor and should be prosecuted as such. anyone else in this position would be and you can guarantee his take on it would be the same if it wasn't his ass that was on the line.
gummy d
Old 12-27-2004, 05:38 PM

Default I don\'t think you know what your talking about...

I think you're blinded by your hatred of Rush....
Old 12-27-2004, 06:03 PM

Default Re: I don\'t think you know what your talking about...

I know what i'm talking about. Rush was not busted with 50 or a 100 oxycottons. It was over a 1000. Look it up. It is you sir in your blind faith in that fat bastard that doesn't know what he is talking about. If he wasn't rich and well connected he would already be in prison. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2004, 06:45 PM

Would having 1,000 of them mean he was trafficking? Perhaps he was taking 20-30 a day.

Anyone who reads here regularly knows I am, to say the least, not a Rush Limbaugh fan. But I've had backpain and at one time would have taken anything in any amount to relieve the unrelenting agony. I probably have over 500 Neurontins in my possession right now and I'm not a trafficker.
Old 12-27-2004, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, I have been a long time listener of Rush and I don't recall him EVER saying he wanted longer sentences for drug users...... I doubt you can cite one quote....

[/ QUOTE ]

I can cite , and I will.

In fact, I will give you more than one:

http://www.indybay.org/news/2003/10/1652834_comment.php

"Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be
convicted and they ought to be sent up."
-- Rush Limbaugh. October 5, 1995 show transcript.
http://www.takebackthemedia.com/gophotwrush.html

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use, too many whites are getting away with drug sales, too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

"It's kind of like sentencing. A lot of people say that we have a heavy sentence for this crime and a light sentence for another crime, and what we ought to do is reduce the heavy sentence so it's more in line with the other. Wrong. In most cases we ought to increase the light sentence and make it compatible with the heavy sentence, and be serious about punishment because we are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country."

----
And that's just a few quotes, Felix.

Face it. Rush is a hypocrite. And I don't care if he didn't do hard drugs. What he did with those prescription drugs is a federal crime.

Rush Limbaugh: a hypocrite.

Let me try and anticipate one of your rebuttals- all these quotes are from 1995, right?

Doesn't matter. If he condemned drug users and said they should serve long sentences in 1995, then started using in 1996, he is still a hypocrite.

Why is it that Republicans get a break on this? It's not cool.
Old 12-27-2004, 07:02 PM

LOL.....You exposed yourself and your TRUE feelings...with the phrase:

"that fat bastard"

Like I said, you have an irrational hatred of Rush. Your problem, not mine...

"If he wasn't rich and well connected he would already be in prison".
***You mean rich and connected like Martha Steward?

Wait!!...my esp tells me you are a liberal(ie a Democrat) who voted for John Kerry. Am I right? Or do you prefer the term "progressive", "moderate", or independent?

By the way, lets say he had a 1000 pills and he took ten a day. That is only a 100 day supply. But ***YOU*** claim he was selling these pills. Why would someone as rich as Rush sell these pills? If he sold these pills for $20 a pop, then that would only be $20,000.

HE MAKES $30,000,000 a year!!! Which is about $120,000 a show. Since his show is three hours long he makes $40,000 an hour. $20,000 represents 30 minutes work for Rush Limbaugh..... I guess it is hard to meet his expenses are a mere $120K a show so he needs a second job..right?..

If someone was addicted to pain killers and took 10 a day, that comes to 3650 pills a year. I could buy a:
*1 DAY supply, 365 times a year or
*1 month supply, 12 times a year or
*2 month supply, 6 times a year or
*3 month supply, 4 times a year or
*4 month supply, 3 times a year
If the 1000 pills story is true (BIG IF!), then he only had about 3 month supply....<Yawn>

I find it amusing that one who CLAIMS to want drugs decriminalized would be in favor of putting the drug sellers in jails.

So when you buy your weed, do you tell that guy that you think he should be put in jail? Or are you ONLY a Law-and-Order guy, when a conservative is being accused of breaking the law? Mmmmmm..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]