Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Missed Value Raise?

I feel like I should have 3-bet this river, and would like to know your thoughts. I think the flop play is also open to debate.

Reads:
Button was a tight-aggressive 17/11/2
UTG was an extreme calling station 86/2/0.36 (both reasonable sample sizes)

EDIT: I thought it was high likely Button was trying to isolate UTG and thought this might be relevant.

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls <font color="#666666">6 folds</font><font color="red"> Button raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Button bets,</font> <font color="red"> Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG folds

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, Hero calls

Final Pot: <font color="blue">~12BB </font>
Old 08-13-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Missed Value Raise?

I would think a TAG with most of the hands that beat us would have let us known sooner. AA/KK/QQ probably would have capped preflop, and AA/KK/QQ/99/33 probably 3-bet the flop. I think you will see KQ a lot more often than JT. I also think your flop check-raise confused his read of your hand.

I'm not sure about the flop checkraise. You might get a free card if you want it. I like the idea of facing UTG with two cold, but i don't think you're going to get a calling station to fold any hands that you want him to fold (flush draw, A9, K9). Button is also going to be this flop an awful lot without a very big piece of it. So basically i have no idea [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].