Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 08:58 PM

Default ATs, rivered two pair

Full Tilt $1/$2 Hold 'Em, 9 handed

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero calls</font>, UTG+1 calls,<font color="#666666"> two folds</font>, Villian raises, <font color="#666666"> four folds</font>, Hero Calls, UTG+1 calls.

Should I have raised? Sometimes I'll raise, sometimes call.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls,Villian raises, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Villian calls.

I 3-bet for two reasons. First, to fold UTG+1, which worked. Second, I wanted to see if villian would call or cap. I thought he'd call with over cards, cap with overpair. At this point I'm thinking over cards.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, ,Villian raises, <font color="red">Hero calls</font>

When he raised the turn, I put him on an overpair.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>...

I figure I'm behind only a set or AA.

Please comment on all streets.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: ATs, rivered two pair

On the flop, I'd probably go for a checkraise, but your line has its merits if you think Villain will auto-raise. On the other hand, if he'll auto-bet but not auto-raise, then I like checkraising better. And checkraising would also put more immediate pressure on UTG+1, who could hold an unduplicated overcard or two.

The turn looks good.

If the river weren't sort of a scare card, I'd probably go for a checkraise. But given that Villain might be scared of the ace, the river lead looks good to me.

Preflop, I tend to raise, which at Party 5/10 often has the wonderful result of prompting worse hands to fold and better hands to 3-bet or cold-call. Anyway, I don't have a big problem with the limp.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but your line has its merits if you think Villain will auto-raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I think even if we know he will autoraise it would still be good to c/r. We don't really want to bloat the pot and give AK-type hands better odds to draw. We'd also like to give UTG+1 as worse odds as possible, like you point out.

Since we're not even sure if villain will autoraise or not, but we are pretty sure he will autobet when checked to, I think it's a definite c/r.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:27 AM

Thinking about it, I think check-raising the flop is better. What's my plan with no A on the river? Check/Call?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he raised the turn, I put him on an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Thinking about it, I think check-raising the flop is better. What's my plan with no A on the river? Check/Call?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's unknown, I guess I'd check/call.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:12 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

Pf- raise. May fold a better A or an overcard to your 10.
Flop-c/r. you get rid of UTG+1 and save a sb.
Turn-bet/call. TPTK against an unknown.
River-bet/call. Ace may scare JJ-KK to check behind. Without a read i neither want to call or fold to a 3 bet.