Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:13 PM

Default TT CR\'d on turn

So I dont go to showdown enough and this might be why. My first reaction was to fold to the CR, but then I thought maybe this is one of the reasons my WTSD% is only 28.6 after about 30k at 3/6 full. Villian is totally unknown as I had just sat down. Most of you guys would probably laugh at the thought of folding this to unknown I imagine.

Poker Room 3/6 Holdem

Hero is MP1 with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PRE-FLOP
3 folds, Hero raises, 5 folds, BB calls.

FLOP [board cards Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
BB checks, Hero bets,BB calls.

TURN [board cards Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
BB checks, Hero bets , BB raises, Hero???.

P.S. I had to do this by hand since I couldnt get the converter to work right for PR.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: TT CR\'d on turn

I'd guess you had BB special with a make straight on the Turn. With the overcard and straight, I'm out of the hand too.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:50 PM

Maybe he has a Q and sucked out on you, but i would still call it down.

He more probably has 2 diamonds or a 3 in his hand and tries to take the pot down and you only have one overcard and the board isnt that scary. I would then check/call the river unless an ace,3,6 or diamond came in which i would probably fold!
Old 11-30-2005, 06:18 PM

I would expect to lose, but I would call down.

The wheel draw on the board makes me suspicious. Villain may just have an ace (or maybe even a better draw than that, like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]).

A hand like 66 isn't totally out of the question, either. Villain may think the board missed your big cards.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:21 PM

Call this down.

There simply aren't enough plausible hands that villain could have that are beating you. He's not really representing a Q, as many players will often play much more straighforwardly on the flop with top pair (either getting aggressive on the flop or just check-calling down). A small set is possible, as is a straight, but neither are that likely, and a hand like 66, 88, or A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] are all possible.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:55 PM

I'd say this is one of those hands that's so close there's probably a fraction of +EV with either calling down or folding but beats me which.

I'd say call down to a) see what he's up to for future reference and b) avoid others taking shots at you.