Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 03:30 AM

Default protecting my JJ 2/4 NL

FullTiltPoker Game #294077474: Table Monroe (6 max) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:26:55 ET - 2005/11/16
Seat 2: yesthatbig ($328.60)
Seat 3: loublou ($243.60)
Seat 4: MoxlessMatt ($298.60)
Seat 5: Hero ($633.25)
Seat 6: ICYUNVME ($398)
Hero posts the small blind of $2
ICYUNVME posts the big blind of $4
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
yesthatbig folds
loublou raises to $8
MoxlessMatt folds
Hero raises to $25
ICYUNVME calls $21
loublou calls $17
*** FLOP *** [A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="blue"> $75 </font>
Hero checks
ICYUNVME checks
loublou checks
*** TURN *** [A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] <font color="blue"> $75 </font>
Hero bets $50
Old 11-16-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: protecting my JJ 2/4 NL

if you had it made up in your mind that you were gonna bet the turn if they checked, you might as well bet the flop, its a scary call to make on that board and if they have the A it beats you nomatter what. and if i had spades here i would checked to, given the preflop action to induce a bet from you. value bet 1/2 the pot i think is good,
if they call you pull the phil ivey

"sometimes you just know your beat and you have to lay it down".........

the second eight can make for a scary card to the flush to though if you can convince them you got trips.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: protecting my JJ 2/4 NL

I would have bet to see where i stand on that flop, you dont want someone with a K of spades or something [censored] to catch another spade on the turn. Bet on the flop, find out where you are, then play cautious from then on.

That's how i woulda done it, even if htey have you beat with a flush, they could assume you have a higher card. Don't let a high spade catch another.