Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 06:23 AM

Default To Sycuan with Sponger and Funk...

Pretty boring night actually, not much to report...

Sponger thought I was black, which kinda amuses me...

Typical crappy sycuan $1-2 NL $100 game, lots of nits and clowns. I don't usually like to live straddle, etc but I think for our first hour the avg pot was something like $3.

Sponger is tight, but no one notices. After about an hour he raises 1 limper to $10 and I get out of the way. Flop is rags. Sponger bets $20. Clown hesitantly calls. Turn goes check check. River, rag. Clown checks, Sponger thinks, goes to bet (I think great, he's value betting his AK/AQ which is obviously good here). He bets $30. Clown calls and shows ATo for Ace hi, T kicker. Sponger mucks.

Sponger gets short stacked and takes $5, plays some slots, plays BJ, comes back with $90.

I try to make a play when a scarecard comes and gives me more outs, but instead I cripple my stack.

My best hand after 5 hours was AJs and I wonder why I'm not playing 4 tables of Empire.

And some guy owned Sponger:
Sponger raises to $10, Old Man With WPT Hat (OMWWH) raises to $40. Sponger folds. OMWWH shows 55.

Sponger raises to $10. OMWWH raises to $45. Sponger folds. OMWWH shows 22.

Sponger raises to $10. (I fold AT) OMWWH raises to $40. Sponger pushes with $90 more. OMWWH insta-calls. Sponger has AKs, OMWWH has 88. Sponger=owned.

Fun times.