Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Two pair vs. ????

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

MP1 ($46.9)
MP2 ($46.1)
MP3 ($61.8)
CO ($50.9)
Button ($47.75)
Hero ($59.05)
BB ($31)
UTG ($54.65)
UTG+1 ($62.8)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls $1, CO calls $1.

Turn: ($5) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $6.

How would you continue? Throw out a 15$ blocking bet on the river and fold to a raise? I'm not quite sure what to think of all the minraising.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Two pair vs. ????

why do you still check these hands?

i dont get it. at all.

you're giving 2 flush draws and an open ended straight draw a free card if they check behind.

thats 21 cards if i counted right, and there are 47 left in the deck. pot it, or bet more then the pot and see if that stirs up any action. they called your bet on the flop.

call the $6 becuase you put yourself in the mess. but i check fold this river. now all those scare cards are going to work in your advantage because unless villain rivers the nuts, he'll have to proceed pretty cautiously.

stealthcow-
Old 05-04-2005, 12:02 AM

I use gametime+ and had a read on one of the opponents as being quite aggressive postflop, therefore I knew I could checkraise...Do you not think checkraising is a good option to charge people for these draws?
Old 05-04-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you not think checkraising is a good option to charge people for these draws?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think checkraising charges people for draws at all. On the contrary, it prices them in to chase their draws.
For example, say in this hand, because you letted him lead for $4 and you check-raised to $10, you gave him about 3:1 odds to call. If you had just bet the pot, you would had given him 2:1 odds to call.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you not think checkraising is a good option to charge people for these draws?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think checkraising charges people for draws at all. On the contrary, it prices them in to chase their draws.
For example, say in this hand, because you letted him lead for $4 and you check-raised to $10, you gave him about 3:1 odds to call. If you had just bet the pot, you would had given him 2:1 odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh* i was gonna post this but i was too busy playing and put it off for later. well put.

crazygoose, if the player is really aggressive, thats more incentive for you to bet out and go for a bet / 3 bet, not go for a check raise.

viewing this post and your others, i still feel like your mistakes involve going for the fancy plays. just keep it simple

stealthcow-