Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 08:43 PM

Default AK UI on paired board, GS draw

Villain is LPA, 50/2/3 over 20 or so hands. He previously limped AQo, bet the flop in a small pot with just a gutshot draw, then pulled a stop n go on the turn after my flop raise when he picked up the nut flush draw on the turn. He bet again on the river with UI AQ high.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

I don't know what I was thinking on the river, maybe he'd pay me off with king high or something. I messed that up but I think the previous streets were ok? Should I call down the river if the river is a blank and he leads into me?
Old 05-12-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: AK UI on paired board, GS draw

The turn may be a little thin, but I think that it's a call I would make.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:29 PM

The more I look at it, I think I'd call that turn too. Even if you discount your overcard outs, there's still the gutshot.

Probably need to check that river (which you said) -- there isn't much that the villain calls with there that you want to see. I'm thinking the villain played that river pretty well... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 09:38 PM

edit: i was commenting on the river play because i missed your last comment in your OP.

if you think he's a bluffing player. i'd just call down i guess.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:07 PM

except for the river i play it the same.

peace

john nickle