Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 12:15 AM

Default AKs rag flop

Bet the turn or just check/fold?
Then what about the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 10-26-2004, 12:20 AM

Default Re: AKs rag flop

Routine for HU situations against a loose player, I think. Bet the turn and fold to a turn raise. If he calls, check the river UI.

Rob
Old 10-26-2004, 12:25 AM

I'd bet the river since he could have been on a flush draw (low limit Party players chase it regardless of any odds). I see a lot of people call to the river with overcards then fold unimproved. HU I think your hand could be best, I doubt he has cards that pair the board since he cold-called your raise. Some kind of medium/lowish pocket pair is possible too. If you have any sort of read on this player, it would help a lot since this is probably a close situation. I could easily see him calling with a weaker ace-high.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the river since he could have been on a flush draw (low limit Party players chase it regardless of any odds). I see a lot of people call to the river with overcards then fold unimproved. HU I think your hand could be best, I doubt he has cards that pair the board since he cold-called your raise. Some kind of medium/lowish pocket pair is possible too. If you have any sort of read on this player, it would help a lot since this is probably a close situation. I could easily see him calling with a weaker ace-high.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you see him calling with a weaker ace high more than 55% of the time?

A bet on this river has to be for value, and with an unimproved AKs against a passive player, it generally isn't.

Rob