Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 11:19 AM

Default too aggro? or standard...

Full 10-20 at full tilt

I have 2k. Haven't had any playable hands in 3 orbits since I sat down, so should have a tight image.

I'm button and have 9dTd

tightish EP raiser (~4k) raises to $70, 1 caller, I call, blind ($600) calls.

Flop ($287) 3h6d8d - blind bets into raiser for $100, raiser makes it $425, fold, I push...

not sure what blind has, but more likely to be a real hand (a pair) than a draw, raiser I put on an overpair and not sure what type of folding equity I have...
Old 11-02-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: too aggro? or standard...

[ QUOTE ]
not sure what blind has, but more likely to be a real hand (a pair) than a draw, raiser I put on an overpair and not sure what type of folding equity I have...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I think my major concern here is that blind has a short stack and insta calls with NFD if he has it. That said, if your read on blind is correct, raiser could easily share your read and make this raise with any 2 that he could then fold to your push.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:25 AM

looks pretty good. if blind was betting with a flush draw well now he doesn´t know if he has odds because raiser might fold so he should fold which would clear up outs. if he had a weak pair he should fold. if he is leading with a set you still have good equity. and if raiser has an overpair he should fold in the face of this action unless he´s a big donkey. but he might be a big donkey, so who knows.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks pretty good. if blind was betting with a flush draw well now he doesn´t know if he has odds because raiser might fold so he should fold which would clear up outs. if he had a weak pair he should fold. if he is leading with a set you still have good equity. and if raiser has an overpair he should fold in the face of this action unless he´s a big donkey. but he might be a big donkey, so who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blind is getting 2.7:1 even if raiser folds. He will never fold a draw here.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:34 AM

The read on the blind was based on seeing him check - call a draw over multiple streets an orbit before - of course he could change this up, but it seemed more of a "feeler" type bet during the moment, like trying to see if his pair was good.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The read on the blind was based on seeing him check - call a draw over multiple streets an orbit before - of course he could change this up, but it seemed more of a "feeler" type bet during the moment, like trying to see if his pair was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think he calls almost no matter what, but given that we are huge favorite over something like A8 I can live with it.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:36 AM

totally standard... dont see another way to play it except doing something different preflop.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:38 AM

you're a slight dog in a coinflip against an overpair. depending on whther or not they have diamonds in their hands, you could have anywhere from 40% to 48% equity vs two overpairs and only in real danger when you're up against a set or a better diamond draw.

whether or not you had good FE or not (which i think you have a "fair" amount), this is a hand you would like to see all 5 cards with and pushing is a good way to go.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:20 PM

Default results

Well, 2nd worst scenario happend - blind folded, raiser called w/ AdQd - meh

After the hand, short stack was pissed because he had us both beat on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: results

You didn't hit? I always hit my pair against the nut flush draw in situations like this. Jeez.