Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 01:15 PM

Default all-in with tptk? flame away...

Absolute .10/.25 ($50 NL). I don't have a roll for NL50 so I buy in for $25 which is still 100BB. The bonus doesn't clear fast enough at lower stakes (it's still painful at this level).

Villain is 50/50 over four hands (meaningless). This is my first hand at the table.

Hero posts from CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
MP limps. LP raises to $1. Hero calls $.75. MP calls $.75.

Flop ($3.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
MP checks, LP bets $2, Hero calls $2, MP folds.
I wish I had raised here, I am probably ahead but giving him odds to chase a draw.

Turn ($7.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
LP bets $4, Hero calls $4

River ($15.35) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
LP bets $20, Hero calls $18 (all-in)
I don't think he has clubs with the flop aggression, and this seems to me like a missed straight/flush so I call, but in retrospect it smells like 99 (and thats about it, 66 would play stronger on the flop. Also if you have the nuts you usually bet 1/2 pot on river so you can get paid off at this level, I don't see people making an overbet on the river with the nuts).

How'd I do?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: all-in with tptk? flame away...

200bb stacks? .10/.25 and 50 buy in? I raise in that spot so that I am in control of the hand, but that is me. Anyway, I raise the flop to see where I am, c/c the turn most likely, but I dont think I can put my stack in there.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I had raised here, I am probably ahead but giving him odds to chase a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you should of raised, what kind of flop would you want to see with AQ if not this one?? I mean AAQ would be nice and all, but you almost certainly have the best hand. (I assume this is full table, hence no reraise pf)

One the turn you should of raised also. Putting your entire stack in on the river without having ANY idea of where you are in the hand is donktastic at best. Your reads of 99/66 are meaningless because you have no info on the villian's hand.

Dont play so passively. If you are going to play AQo you MUST play with your TPTKon that board. Seriously this hand is terrible. Dont play so weak, its how you will lose your roll.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:07 PM

I would usually raise flop, bet turn, check river.

Raise flop, check turn, call might be an option.