Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Flush Draw

This is an interesting hand I am still currently thinking about, lets see what you guys think. Here are the reads: Ok Villan1 on the button is a loose player, can raise with a lot of different hands sometimes, but can be straight forward too, I would say there is a 70% chance he has A/A, that was pretty much my read. The Villan2 calls raises with nothing he could have anything. Villan1 has 100, Villan 2 has 80, and I got 200 its a 200 PL High Low table with 1-2 blinds.

Ok I got A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop: A guy limps from early position, I limp from middle position, Villan2 limps from late position, Villan1 pots it from the button to 10, early position limper folds, I call, Villan2 calls.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Pot Size: 36

Hero ?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Flush Draw

I'm check/calling.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm check/calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I do that and dont hit, there will be at least 118 in the middle on the turn assuming the Villan2 folds and Villan1 will have only 50 left to bet at me on the turn. Would you fold a nut flush draw/second low draw on the turn for 50 bucks when theres 118 in the middle? Not to say that I actually did check call, but his stack size was a factor into my flop play.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:31 PM

Lead out if you think your opponents can fold a naked nut low draw or an overpair. Otherwise, check-raise and cross your fingers. I don't understand why you read Villain1 for A/A when he raises with lots of different hands, and he has the button.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lead out if you think your opponents can fold a naked nut low draw or an overpair. Otherwise, check-raise and cross your fingers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about this, but I wasnt sure which one was the best option, what do you think? I went ahead and bet out because I figured maybe they will fold, but then Villan2 called and Villan1 moved all in, Villan1 showed A/A/2/Q and Villan2 showed 2/3/4s/6s I ended up getting nothing, but just was wondering was this the right play? The stack sizes made this situation very messy.