Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2004, 04:05 PM

Default FoxWoods Vs. AC

I am going on a trip in mid June (for the US Open in Long Island, NY) and will be in the northeast for several days.
The way my flight and surrounding schedule is setup, I will be able to go to Foxwoods and AC.

The problem is that I will be able to spend 2-3 days at one and maybe only day at the other.
I am making my reservations in the next day or two, so....

Which place should I stay at longer and why?

I would love some info from people who have played/stayed at both places.

BTW I am looking to play No limit, as well as low-mid stakes holdem ($6-12 to $10-20).

ps I am basing this decision soley on quality of poker rooms and the games in those rooms.

Thanks for any advice!

FsuPlayer
Old 05-22-2004, 05:51 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Re: FoxWoods Vs. AC

do a search, this topic has been spoken about at length. it is also a matter of personal preference.

if i was you, i would stay in ac for a longer period, as there are several rooms to play in. i prefer going to foxwoods if i have one day at either though, like this coming tuesday i will be at the woods. i have heard traffic at fw has slowed a bit after the new england poker classic but they always have most any game you would want to play running(for the intermediate player).
ac has borgata, trop, taj, and several other rooms so if you get sick of one you can hit up another, they have tournaments, whereas FW only has weekday tourneys, in that department you have more options in ac. i just reread your post and i would most certainly go to ac for the extra few days, and hit up fw for a day......gl [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2004, 08:31 PM

Default Re: FoxWoods Vs. AC

Morgant-
Thanks for the response. I was leaning towards AC, but wanted to hear from someone who has been to both.
If you or anyone else will be in either AC or Foxwoods from June 16th-21st, let me know and maybe we could meet up for a drink or something, my treat! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again,

FsuPlayer