Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2003, 07:32 PM

Default TT 4 handed home game

Ok this is a home game, .5/1, I'm a beginner and my player reading skills aren't the greatest but I've played with all these guys 5 or 6 times and have a fairly good read I think.

It's one of the last hands, game is winding down, only 4 ppl left playing. Pretty crazy hand, I was wondering if I was too aggressive before the turn, and if you guys argree with my reads.

I get T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button. UTG(also CO since it is 4 handed, not sure what to call it) Raises, I 3-bet
(Figure TT is a pretty strong hand 4 handed, is a 3 bet too aggressive here?)

SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls. 2 to flop for 7.5 SB

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hmm, not bad! UTG bets, I raise, he calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img][T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Pow, there's my boat.
He bets, I raise, he calls.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
He bets, I raise, he 3bets(!), in this game there is no cap heads up on the river. We reraise back and forth 6 or 7 times until I finally call. The pot was plenty big and I didn't have the absolute nuts.

How did I do? Too aggressive? What do you think he had?

Here's my read on the flop:

He's always aggressive, but I still figure him for a pretty strong hand betting into me after I 3 bet. I rule out QQ cuz he would cap that PF every time. i put him on KJ for the flopped straight [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) Even tho if he has a str8 I'm behind, I still have outs, so I raised to see if he would 3 bet, when he didn't I wasn't sure what to put him on to be honest, maybe a flush draw? If he was on a flush draw was he paying way too much for it, or did he have the odds?

Yes this hand confused me.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:33 PM

Default Re: TT 4 handed home game

Unless he's a retard you can't put in the 4th bet on the river and you'd have to be insane to put in the 6th bet.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:38 PM

So I should never 4 bet a river with less than the stone cold nuts? I only lose to QQ or 99. I admit maybe I got carried away on the river. But what about the rest of the hand?

Old 12-12-2003, 07:44 PM

Nevermind I'm a retard.. didn't read the hand closely enough. Hmm. Sorry, lemme try again. Put in the 4th bet and probably the 6th bet but call a 7 bet. Once again unless he's truly out of it don't go more than that.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:45 PM

I disagree... His opponent didn't light up and start throwing money around until the board showed flush. I'd raise him until he was all in here. I'm thinking AhKh or something here. Could be Ah anything h really, but with the pre-flop raise, I'd be thinking slick. In any event, he made his nut flush, I would bet, unless you know this guy to be very tricky.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:58 PM

In case anyone wondered, he had KJs for the flopped (and grossly overplayed) straight.

Besides the silly raising war on the river...was my preflop and flop play ok? I would rarely 3 bet TT, but this guy is aggressive and has somewhat loose raising standards pf. I have taken to popping him back with some decent but not great hands like TT and AQo. Is that the right thinking?

Against this guy at least, it makes it easier to play the flop. If he bets into me, I'm pretty sure he has a good piece of the flop or a strong PP. If he checks I am pretty sure I'm ahead. This read works on this guy, but is that solid poker thinking against the average/typical LL player?

I'm just starting to learn so someone tell me if my thought process is way off here [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I want to learn how to "think" the game and know WHY it's right or wrong to x or y in a given situation, and not be a robot.