Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Hand that Schneids no likey. What say you?

Canterbury 30/60 9 handed
I open in the CO with 77. SB and BB call (I know nothing abuout either of them.)

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
check, check, I bet, SB calls, BB check/raises, I call, SB calls.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets, I call.......

EDIT: BB bet the turn
Old 10-15-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Hand that Schneids no likey. What say you?

I'm with Schneids. I fastplay the flop and 3-bet a lot but when I didn't I'm going to try to get a fuckton of bets in on the turn. Calling ain't the way to do that.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 30/60 9 handed
I open in the CO with 77. SB and BB call (I know nothing abuout either of them.)

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
check, check, I bet, SB calls, BB check/raises, I call, SB calls.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB calls, I call.......

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened on the turn? Do you mean SB bet? I just raise here, I'm not slowplaying the 2nd nuts if people look like they are plenty willing to give action. You don't gain enough from slowplaying this to compensate for the few times you get super action from the underboat or trip 5s.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:04 AM

no likey.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:06 AM

In the context of NLHE, Ed Miller talks about risking getting slightly less money most of the time if you stand to make a whole heck of a lot more the rest of the time.

I think this is one of those situations. Slowplaying might make you an extra bet or two some of the time. Fastplaying might get you several extra bets when someone else has an overpair, 22 or trip 5's.

Plus players staying in with overs will call bets on the flop and turn but not on the river if they miss (which they will most of the time).
Old 10-15-2005, 03:31 AM

i 3bet the flop bc there are many turn cards that will freeze the raiser.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i 3bet the flop bc there are many turn cards that will freeze the raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2005, 01:27 PM

I don't value this argument very strong, since BB opted to check-raise with just one man behind him. A check, with a very vulnerable toppair would seem unlikely to me. In that case, i figure him to bet, setting me up to raise with overcards as the preflop aggressor and getting it HU. Checking would tell me that his hand would love to extract as much value as he can (not minding the size of the pot it creates for overcards), but it can stand an unfavorable free turncard for all three.

That said about what i think of his hand, i dont see BB freezing up on many turncards, but with the show of so much strength expect him to bet out on almost any(if not all). 3-betting i'd consider for other obvious tactical reasons, but smoothcalling doesn't seem wrong either. Anyones cup of tea i guess since you need a bit of luck to get the right move for the right half of the range it applies to.

With all these babys on the flop, i guess you wanna put SB on just overcards(most likely), trapped for two times one bet on the flop. He'll probably release these anyway on the turn, so smoothcalling to drag him in seems really really bad. Raise the turn, and hope for a chip-splashfest with the BB. With his strength shown on the flop, the possibility for this seems to be too nice to pass up on.

Of course, i already read the results, and all of the above is useless. However, with no read, i figure this to be my train of thought during the hand. I play 5/10 though, so who am i kidding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
s
l
o
w
p
l
a
y
i
n
g

s
u
c
k
s

b
i
g

c
o
c
k

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2005, 06:56 AM

i like the flop call, your way ahead of most hands here and its a relatively safe board.

but on the turn you really gotta start putting in the bets since you will get a incredible amount of action from a 5 and you can charge str8 draws if there are any another bet to draw dead to.

find out how much BB likes his hand and make him pay! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]