Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Heads up 2/4 high hand

I suck at poker so I usually only play Stud 8 to punish the people even worse than myself. However when this site has a Stud game going it's usually pretty soft. There are a few regulars that play heads up that I assume are okay, but every time I've seen someone sitting at a heads up 2/4 table I typically kill them so I gave it a try against this strapping young go getter while I was playing a full Stud 8 game.

$2/$4 Ante $0.40 - Limit Seven Card Stud
Seat 1: Xellos ($61.50)
Seat 2: SCUMBAG ($98.95)
SCUMBAG antes $0.40
Xellos antes $0.40
*** 3RD STREET ***
Dealt to Xellos [7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Dealt to SCUMBAG [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
SCUMBAG is low with [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
SCUMBAG brings in for $0.50
Xellos calls $0.50
*** 4TH STREET ***
Dealt to Xellos [7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Dealt to SCUMBAG [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Xellos checks
SCUMBAG checks
*** 5TH STREET ***
Dealt to Xellos [7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Dealt to SCUMBAG [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Xellos bets $4
SCUMBAG calls $4
*** 6TH STREET ***
Dealt to Xellos [7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Dealt to SCUMBAG [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Xellos bets $4
SCUMBAG raises to $8
Xellos calls $4
*** 7TH STREET ***
Dealt to Xellos [7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Xellos checks
SCUMBAG bets $4
Xellos raises to $8
SCUMBAG has 15 seconds left to act
SCUMBAG calls $4

And I type "VINDICATION" in the chat box like a loser as payment for the many bad beats he's put on me. I proceed to leave the table because I'm playing terrible and not going to get this lucky again, so I'll take my tiny profit before I tilt it away like I'd been trying to do.

Back to the hand, I think that 4th was probably an obvious bet right? My opponent was calling a ton on 3rd for completions when I completed with big pairs, so I thought completing for a steal was out of the question. What about 6th? I felt like a 3 bet on 6th was pretty much equivalent to turning my hand face up so I figured he'd fold for sure with what I perceived to be aces up or something. I then figured he'd bet the river and fold to my check raise, but his call was an extra bonus. All streets standard except 4th?
Old 10-04-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Heads up 2/4 high hand

Fold third. Bet fourth. Definitely three-bet sixth. So you give your hand away. He's not folding, is he? And I would usually bet the river in the hopes of getting three bets in.