Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 01:45 PM

Default A7s - judgement

BB is ridiculously loose. Something like 71/12/0.8. She clearly has a very low regard for money. Any pair looks good to her. Can I be raising this turn for value?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (13.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 12-02-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: A7s - judgement

Raising the turn is foolish. You need 5 or more players butting in the same amount as you for this raise to be for value. Even if the SB calls 2 cold and everyone else calls for one more big bet, a raise is breakeven at best.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:02 PM

Thanks. I'm glad I went with my instinct on this one then.
Also, I think my flop call might be incorrect...
Old 12-02-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I think my flop call might be incorrect...

[/ QUOTE ]
It sure is. Not counting the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], you have 2 outs to pair your ace (which may not be the best hand as someone could've made two pair or hold a better kicker, and even if it is, someone could easily draw out on you on the river). You're basically chasing a backdoor flush draw. That's expensive.

And I wouldn't be caught dead cold-calling with Axs. From the BB? Sure. This, however, is a surefire way to bleed money in the long run.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:16 PM

meh...if it's a mistake, it's a really small one. I don't mind it so much here since we are closing the action.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I wouldn't be caught dead cold-calling with Axs. From the BB? Sure. This, however, is a surefire way to bleed money in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty much guaranteed 6:1 or better on my money here, as there are already a lot of limpers.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A) Hero called from the CO, not the CO, and he was correct to do so in a multiway pot.

B) not calling from the BB in similar circumstances is a huge mistake getting huge odds.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty much guaranteed 6:1 or better on my money here, as there are already a lot of limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Playing ace-rag for top pair is, as you know, a very bad idea, so with two suited cards, the odds of me making a flush by the river are 15-to-1 (or 6.4%). Not good enough. I pass. As I wrote, from the BB this is a clear call, but not in the CO. Plus... what if someone three-bets?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

B) not calling from the BB in similar circumstances is a huge mistake getting huge odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come again? Isn't this exactly what I wrote?

[ QUOTE ]

A) Hero called from the CO, not the CO, and he was correct to do so in a multiway pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Say what now?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:34 PM

Fat Nicky stated that I was correct to call in this multiway pot. I'm now wondering if is in fact correct. I'm more interested in the odds of flopping a flush draw than the odds of completing the flush by the river.