Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 01:35 PM

Default I raise, hit a piece, fold the flop

Mp1 is tight and passive.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds, SB folds.

Torn between raising and folding. Would a tight/passive bet into the pf raiser with less than tp? I felt like he had Ax and if I raised he calls me down the whole way.
Final Pot: 5 BB
Old 09-06-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: I raise, hit a piece, fold the flop

[ QUOTE ]
Mp1 is tight and passive.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds, SB folds.

Torn between raising and folding. Would a tight/passive bet into the pf raiser with less than tp? I felt like he had Ax and if I raised he calls me down the whole way.
Final Pot: 5 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has Ax, do you want to fold?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:36 PM

well you do have 2pair/trips outs
Old 09-06-2005, 01:39 PM

Villian is tight and passive. So raise it, get your free card and see how the river comes. If he 3-bets you just throw it away.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well you do have 2pair/trips outs

[/ QUOTE ]
And getting like 10:1 here, you better be calling for them. Also, it is a well-known fact that donkeys LOVE to bet flush draws. I see no reason at all to fold this flop unless the bettor turned his cards over and showed you a set.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:41 PM

If your read is good then it's a good fold. Notice how vulnerable you are to redraws assuming no one has an Ace.

Meh, maybe I'm a nit, but the best way to beat the tight-passives I play with is not to pay them off. Assuming he's around 16-18% vpip, and &lt;1.5 af, he's not betting a draw on the flop, and he's not going to bet less than top pair into the pfr.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:42 PM

MP1 isn't a donkey. He's a rock, read the OP more carefully.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:43 PM

Do you give the hero a full 5 outs? I don't.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your read is good then it's a good fold. Notice how vulnerable you are to redraws assuming no one has an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

um its you the flopbettor and the SB

redraws aren't a huge concern, since the flopbettor rarely has a FD, outside of the times its Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] .. occasionally you give a gutshot redraw when you hit a K, and ocassional FD redraw when you hit the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] .. but its not enough to fold here
Old 09-06-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP1 isn't a donkey. He's a rock, read the OP more carefully.

[/ QUOTE ]
Believe it or not, even rocks bet flush draws (and they are capable of being donkeys, too). Getting 10:1 here, you just can't fold this flop. If he leads again on a non-heart turn and our hand doesn't improve, I can find a fold - sure. I just don't agree with folding the flop. It would be terrible.