Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 12:59 PM

Default What percentage of players at 1/2 - 2/4 LHE are using pokertracker?

What are your estimates on how many players in the 1/2 or 2/4 range are using pt in lhe. I purchased it about 2 months ago and just reached 10,000 hands.

I am just thinking, if a large number of players are using pt, would it be worth it to make plays that go against what your stats say.

I ran the delaware wing-t offense as a football coach and it is a pretty predictable offense. but the who art of running it was to create tendencies and use those tendencies to break them at opportune times.

What are your thoughts?
Old 10-07-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: What percentage of players at 1/2 - 2/4 LHE are using pokertracker?

I don't think varying your play just because "x" number of players are using PT on you is a good idea.

I'd guess that the number of players using PT/PV/GT+/PA at the 1/2 & 2/4 level is probably at most 50%. The problem I see is that I'd guess probably only 10-20% of those actually understand the stats they see on you. At 1/2 & 2/4 you can mix up your play against certain opponents but in reality ABC poker makes good money at that level.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: What percentage of players at 1/2 - 2/4 LHE are using pokertracker

My guess is an average of 1-2 people at any given table.

Certainly not enough to worry about, and because those people usually play tight, you're not going to tangle with them enough to make a change in strategy valuable.

You're both really there to take money from the bad players, not from each other.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:54 PM

I'd say 10%, maybe.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:45 PM

It would be interesting to note which players are accually using PT and GT+. I really really really don't think very many players at that level are trying to gain reads on the other players. Without PT, I am sure I wouldn't be able to gain as many reads when multitabling due to the # of table hoppers.

I wouldn't change my style to try to throw off the collected data if I knew everyone was running PT. 1-2 and 2-4 LHE = ABC Poker.

Sometimes I sit down at a strat table with another forum, and almost everyone runs PT. This really doesn't change the way I play. However, the players and the stats collected does alter the way I play my hand.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:11 PM

I say 30 percent. Poker Tracker is a great tool if you know how to read it. When you play online you often run into people you have played with use your stats are they tight,aggressive,loose or do they only play premium hands. I beleive the stat on how many hands they play and how much money they put into a pot voluntarily are key factors on knowing there play from the start.