Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Key Hand From $3r

I feel like recently I've consistently been making the wrong decision in key hands like this one (or hopefully making the right decisions and getting unlucky!), so I'd like to solicit some outside opinions.

Reads:

I've been aggressive pre-flop, haven't had to play a lot of flops. A few players had taken note of my aggression and started playing back at me, so I've slowed down recently, don't know if that's been noticed or not.

The only other time I saw UTG+1 limp in early position, he had 66. He likes to slow-play big hands, though, and I've seen him do it with trips out of the blinds.

MP1 limped fairly frequent a few levels ago, but hasn't been doing it as much now. The two times I saw her cards when she had limped, she had JTo and AA (and the AA was after someone else had already limped).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1200 (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB (t29545)
Hero (t35430)
UTG (t56715)
UTG+1 (t38890)
MP1 (t30033)
MP2 (t17235)
CO (t22510)
Button (t31615)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
1 fold, UTG+1 calls t1200, MP1 calls t1200, 3 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t4725) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t3500, UTG+1 calls t3500, MP1 calls t3500, SB folds.

Turn: (t15225) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](3 players)
Hero bets t10000, UTG+1 calls t10000, MP1 raises to t25258, Hero ????
Old 10-28-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Key Hand From $3r

I would think that Hero should gleefully place the rest of his chips into the Pot.

C-Dog
Old 10-28-2005, 12:44 AM

I think you're behind. I'm guessing EP has an overpair and MP limped with sevens or A8 or J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] You have trips, but are behind to trips, bigger kicker, and a made straight, sets that just turned into a full house when the board paired, and you have to consider OESD and flush draws. You can fold and still have chips to work with. I'd fold.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:55 AM

Your problem isn't the turn, it's the flop. The board is T87 with a flush draw, and you are 4 handed; the chances of somebody having hit that hard are roughly 95%. This is a check and probably a fold, unless one of the limpers bets weakly and you think you can steal the pot with a CR.

Once you hit, you are committed due to odds, but you are probably still behind on the turn.