Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2005, 02:44 AM

Default 1988 world series (Johnny Chan vs Seidel)

The torrent is available on torrentspy here:
http://www.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=177462

If there is interest, I will do my part to reseed the torrent.

Everyone has seen the footage of the final hand made infamous by the film Rounders. It was great to see it unfold though, and also great to hear Johnny Chan's victory interview. Chan was extremely confident "I was waiting for him to bluff off all his chips"

Against an experienced professional though (not slighting Seidel at all, just that he was inexperienced at the time), I wonder if the reverse tells of weakness Chan was giving (checking back his J9o hole cards on the nut straigt 8TQ board) would be been picked up ... Great acting job Chan!

Would love to see more of Chan in tournaments, how many WPT events does he play anyways? I know he just missed the cut at the Bellagio diamond classic in December where Negreanu dominated the final table.

On a side note, there were a few well knowns making an appearance on this clip: Chip Reese (looking young), Humberto Brenes, T.J. Cloutier. Johnny Moss seemed like a tough mean (in a good way) poker player just from his interview.

Oh and would any telecast be complete without a bad beat from Cloutier (called Humberto's bluff 69 with AQo -- Humberto gets a full house on a 69x9x board) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]