Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2005, 11:16 AM

Default 5-10 AA laydown

i hadnt seen bb get out of line yet but had only been at the table an orbit or so.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds, SB calls.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: 5-10 AA laydown

There is no way in Hades I lay down there in that game. I call down 100% of the time.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:36 AM

Getting 14:1 probably 15:1 I don't see how you can lay it down? If you are behind you are up against 2pair with a much higher frequency than the straight, and you have odds to draw to a higher 2 pair or a set.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:38 AM

he could have a set too.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:46 AM

He could have a set, giving you two outs, he could have J9, giving you zero outs, he could have two pair, giving you a bunch of outs.

I don't put him on anything less than two pair, and frankly lean towards a set/straight given how he played it. Frankly I couldn't resist calling the turn for one bet and praying that I hit an ace or the board pairs. Whether you can bring yourself to fold the river for one bet . . . .
Old 04-07-2005, 11:49 AM

if i call the turn i am calling the river so my effective outs are around 7.5:1.

do you suggest calling the turn and folding the river unimproved?
Old 04-07-2005, 11:52 AM

yeah I thought about that and you don't have the odds to draw to only two outs, but you also have to take into account that you could be ahead here as well. IMO the times you're good here plus the times you are only behind 2 pair far outweight the times you're up against a straight or set.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he could have a set too.

[/ QUOTE ]

or a straight...or even an overplayed draw/draw + pair.

u still call, your margin for error is huge given the pot size. BTW, its pretty obvious you have an overpair, with an outside chance at a set, so its not like 2 pair wouldn't plan to check-raise this turn.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would
Old 04-07-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i call the turn i am calling the river so my effective outs are around 7.5:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the bitch of it -- you may have odds to call the turn, but not to call the river, outrageously tasty odds you're getting there notwithstanding. Not that I can bring myself to fold an overpair on the river getting 15:1, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 04-07-2005, 12:07 PM

I need more information to know he doesn't have KJ hearts or any of the various other draws, pair + draw, hands. Additionally as has been noted I think he has two pair (this has played JUST LIKE KT imo) more often than other hands that are against you which gives you ample odds to try and draw out.

Maybe I've just been running too hot, but I'd like to see a showdown maybe even if a heart comes and I don't improve and it's heads up. I just need more information on a player before I can give up this size a pot.

cjx