Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Some AKo hands, How bad are they ?

In this hand one of the vilain is loose passive, the other is agressive. I think the tight aggro would be into my cap with stuff like AQ/AJ on this monotone flop but wouldn't 3 bet them... Ok to fold the turn ?

PartyPoker - $10/$20 Texas - 6 players (Converter: PGC)

BB is 30/15/2.5 (239)
UTG+1 is 61/8/1.0 (227)

Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PreFlop
<font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">BB RAISES</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>
<font color="green">BB Calls</font>

(3 players) FLOP: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 6.25 BB )
<font color="red">BB BETS</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>
<font color="red">BB RAISES</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>

(3 players) TURN: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 10.75 BB )
<font color="red">BB BETS</font>, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>

In this hands Vilain is somawhat maniac... 56/24/1.6... The other guy is loose passive. I was going to call the river but the overcall made me go for a fold... If the loose passive guy folded I was calling ... Any thoughts ?

UTG is 56/24/1.6 (34)
UTG+1 is 37/8/0.4 (38)
CO is 67/22/0.8 (9)

Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

PreFlop
<font color="red">UTG RAISES</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG RAISES</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>
<font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(4 players) FLOP: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 8.50 BB )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="red">UTG BETS</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>

(3 players) TURN: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 10.00 BB )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="red">UTG BETS</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>

(3 players) RIVER: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 13.00 BB )
<font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="red">UTG BETS</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>
<font color="blue">Hero folds</font>

Final Pot:15.00 BB

In the following hand no read on vilain. The flop is not too drawy so I dunno about my river call. Maybe it's a fold since he called the flop on a not really drawy board... Thoughts?

PartyPoker - $10/$20 Texas - 6 players

BB is 33/33/1.0 (6)

Hero is UTG+1 with Ks Ad

PreFlop
UTG folds, Hero RAISES, CO folds, Button folds
SB folds, BB Calls

(2 players) FLOP: 4c 5s Jh ( Pot Size: 2.25 BB )
BB checks, Hero BETS
BB Calls

(2 players) TURN: 2h ( Pot Size: 3.25 BB )
BB checks, Hero checks

(2 players) RIVER: 8s ( Pot Size: 3.25 BB )
BB BETS, Hero Calls

Final Pot:5.25 BB

SB n this hand is tight. The other guy is very very loose. HE plays 66% of his hand after 5 hands so ... HE will peel the flop with any 2.

SB is 17/14/7.0 (90)
UTG is 67/22/0.4 (9)

Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

PreFlop
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="red">SB RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG Calls</font>

(3 players) FLOP: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 6.50 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, <font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG Calls</font>

(3 players) TURN: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 9.50 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="green">UTG checks</font>, <font color="green">Hero checks</font>

(3 players) RIVER: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 9.50 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="red">UTG BETS</font>, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>

Final Pot:11.50 BB

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Some AKo hands, How bad are they ?

hand 1: I just call the flop. you're in pretty bad shape, you're not going to get the fishy behind you to fold hands that reverse dominate you, so I don't see the point in the raise.

hand 2: I play it the same.

hand 3: I bet the turn and take the free showdown. I just don't feel confident enough in my handreading to be comfortable picking enough rivers to call on -- I think you need to call a good number of rivers to make checking the turn better than betting, because he is going to bet a lot of worse hands here.

hand 4: i smooth call the flop. against a (probably) overly aggressive villain, I think you are either going to get 3bet and bet into on the turn when you are behind to SB, or you are giving him a free card with a dominated hand like AQ/KQ. I know it's a small sample size, but a tight player with AF 7 is most likely not going to give you a free card with a better hand here. And I really hate it given that UTG is very often in here with a worse hand than yours and you're giving him a free card too.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:50 AM

You may very well know better than I do, but I will give you my thoughts.

HAND 1:
I wouldn't raise the flop. With no spade I would put in one small bet on the flop and not another penny unimproved. If the pot hadn't been capped preflop I would just fold to the flop bet. I think a turn fold is mandatory when the fourth spade hits.

HAND 2:
I would probably lead the flop "knowing" that the maniac will raise and face the other two with two bets cold. The prospect of a pot this size heads up with him is quite appealing even if it may be more than a little optimistic. Your way is fine and I think your river plan is perfect.

HAND 3
I would fold the river, but I think it's very close. Any open-ended or gutshot from the flop is now at least a pair. The only way you can win is if he called the flop with just one or more overcard and is willing to bet the river unimproved. This is certainly possible, but I don't know if 4.25 to 1 is enough.

HAND 4
I would just call the flop. The fact that you capped preflop and SB still led into you on the flop makes me think that a flop raise is very unlikely to buy a free card and extremely likely to get 3-bet (looks like I was wrong in this case, thought).

Cartman
Old 09-15-2005, 06:57 AM

cartman-
regarding hand three how do you feel about a turn bet and call of a check raise given we have two overcards and a gut shot. i would prefer this line and take the free showdown unimproved or fold to a river donk bet unimproved.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cartman-
regarding hand three how do you feel about a turn bet and call of a check raise given we have two overcards and a gut shot. i would prefer this line and take the free showdown unimproved or fold to a river donk bet unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this line better. We only have 6 hands on this guy, he just called our raise from the BB and peeled on the flop. He has A high or worse a lot of the time I think -- I am seeing unknowns peel the flop here a ton with as bad as J high no draw.