Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2004, 06:48 AM

Default Emotional Damage From Repeated 4th Place Finishes

Anyone ever have that? I have been playing SNGs for about 8 months on a regular basis. I have won every month. I have been playing online ring games for 12 months and have been ahead at the end of every month. So I am confident in my talent, but the stretch I am in now is hurting bad. And yes, I am actually ahead for this month too. Only about 20% ROI (my 8 month avg is 32%), but I am still ahead. But I have finished 4th in 11 of the last 13 tourneys that I missed the money.
I'm sure others have had similar streaks and some even worse. How did it effect you? When I had 12 out of 13 out of the money not so long ago, I actually took that better than this streak of 4th place finsihes when I miss the money. I lost more money in the other streak, but this one hurts more. I guess there is just something about getting that close to the money every tourney (which means my game is probably ok) and then going out losing a race or a 60-40 situation every time!
Oh, well. I don't have many friends that actually play poker and I just had to vent.