Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 05:34 PM

Default OESD one card to come

Little live tournament. Just won a big pot against villian to take huge chip lead with three left. Have good read on villian, who is super aggressive, but not stupid aggressive.

Hero - 255
Villain - 32
Blinds 1-2

Villain limps from button, hero checks in BB with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets 5, villain calls. Pot:15

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I "know" that if I check he will move all in. Im also pretty sure he just has middle pair, as he would raise with TP, and prob. nut flush draw or OESD. Im sure my draw is live. Do you move in and challenge him to put his money in?
More conceptually, how do you guys handle OESD's with one card to come?
Even more conceptually, how do you handle super aggressive players who are short stacked in tourneys when the rest of the field is fairly weak tight. Do you wait for strong hands and let them steal small pots, or do you try to knock them out with marginal hands?

All comments on this situation, and the larger situations are welcome.

By the way, i moved in. he called. he had 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]pretty bad hand for me until the offsuit J came on the river.