Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2004, 06:16 PM

Default 66 turned set. played wrong?

Blinds are 75/150 there are 120 players left in a 500FPP sat. to the 500+30 next sunday on stars. I have 3.7k which is 300 below avg. 9 spots get a seat. I pick up 66 in the SB. 1 big stack w/ about 6k calls UTG+1 folded to a LAG in the CO who has T5k who calls, button folds I complete and the BB checks. Flop is J75r I check, its checked to the LAG who makes his standard min-bet when its checked to him. He does this with out fail. If he gets a call he usually backs off on the turn. The BB calls. He has me covered by about 1k or so. Turn is a 6 completing the rainbow. I bet 750, BB calls and the LAG folds. The BB's call really alarmed me as he is very tight and has not called a big bet like this yet. The river is an 8. I check and call his T600 chip bet. Anyone play this any differntly? Raising the flop? Checking the turn? Folding the river? Thank you
Old 08-29-2004, 07:48 PM

Default Re: 66 turned set. played wrong?

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds are 75/150 there are 120 players left in a 500FPP sat. to the 500+30 next sunday on stars. I have 3.7k which is 300 below avg. 9 spots get a seat. I pick up 66 in the SB. 1 big stack w/ about 6k calls UTG+1 folded to a LAG in the CO who has T5k who calls, button folds I complete and the BB checks. Flop is J75r I check, its checked to the LAG who makes his standard min-bet when its checked to him. He does this with out fail. If he gets a call he usually backs off on the turn. The BB calls. He has me covered by about 1k or so. Turn is a 6 completing the rainbow. I bet 750, BB calls and the LAG folds. The BB's call really alarmed me as he is very tight and has not called a big bet like this yet. The river is an 8. I check and call his T600 chip bet. Anyone play this any differntly? Raising the flop? Checking the turn? Folding the river? Thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

No way you can fold this. I'd probably bet the river. I would think he'd call here with AJ or KJ at least, and as the BB he could easily have some weird 2 pair.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:12 PM

Default Re: 66 turned set. played wrong?

Aside from not folding the hand, whats the best possible way I could play this hand on the flop and turn? Also, if I bet the river in this spot and I find a raise can I fold the hand? If I can fold the hand, how much should I bet on the river