Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 02:07 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Change of plans

20/40 (overs to 30/60)

Average pot is 4 to 5 people for 2 bets. Most hands are opened for two bets but if someone limps early people are willing to overlimp. Folds to me in LMP and I open with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], the CO and button both fold, and the SB and BB both call. They never miss a blind hand, well amost never I've seen them give up for 3 bets when their hands are particularly bad. The SB is not an overs player the BB is.

At present my image is fairly tight, but I feel the SB is a bit unaware, and the BB plays loose, fairly aggressive and I get the feeling that the money has little meaning to him.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

two checks to me and I bet, the SB folds, and the BB calls

Turn now in overs K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks and I check

As soon as I check the BB bets in the dark. It was so quick I almost thought he was trying to back bet the turn.

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

My first thought was high probability of a bluff and I need to call. But then he did something strange and turned over 1 card T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I can count the cards that beat me, and how likely they are in 1 card, but this sure looks like he's asking for a call. Thoughts call or fold?

The other question is should I bet the turn?

To the overall session this was likely a meaningless hand but it sure had me thinking afterwards.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Change of plans

Slavic,

Yes, I would usually bet the turn, because I think it likely that you have the best hand.

I would also call on the river. The only hands that can beat you are KT and TT. The KT is possible but unlikely given the 3 Kings on board. Holding TT I think there's a good chance that your opponent would raise preflop (since you could be on a blind steal). My guess is that the BB has AT.

-- Manzanita
Old 02-10-2004, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Change of plans

He's showing you a T, because he thinks that you have a pair bigger than TT, but really he has KT. Usually when someone does something like this, he is fishing for a call. Usually when someone is bluffing, he is totally still. Of course, he could be more sophisticated than I think he is and be pulling a reverse.

I'd bet the turn.