Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 09:13 PM

Default STTF-HU CHAMPIONSHIP ** CALCUTTA(s)

I am going to run two(2) Calcuttas for the "HU" contest on Labor Day....It is not necessary to be there in order to participate and these "gambols" are open to all 2+2'er's.

1.) BLIND-DRAW CALCUTTA: The first 16 people to "guarantee" me that they are in, for $50, will receive a blind-draw chance to win $750 by virtue of their player winning the event. ($50 vig to organizer)...The draw will be conducted in the presence of the participants and at least two of them will verify that the draws are, indeed, "blind". If anybody buys-in, but doesn't attend, I will keep them posted on their pick-status via 2+2 PM's.

2.) REGULAR CALCUTTA: The pool will start with $1,600 (allin by "SFB" and result in him "owning" all the entries). Anybody who wants to "buy" one of the entries must bid at least $150. If someone wants to buy an entry which is already "owned" by another player, they must bid $50 more than the previous price....The calcutta will close
when the "cards are in the air"...You do not have to attend the event in order to bid/buy/or win this contest. Non-attendees will be advised of status via 2+2 PM's. Winning bidders do not have to share their prize with the player that they bought although "toking" is allowed....I fully expect that the eventual pool might be 4 or 5 grand. The organizer will take no vig on this contest.

The final field will be published as soon-as-possible.

Those that want to waste their $$$$ by buying Dali, Raptor, Beef or Zen are welcome to "buy'em while they're cheap"

Irieguy will go for the highest price/SFB next.

If a winning bidder (who is not an attendee) has not paid me prior to start of tourny, his pick will be awarded to the next-highest bidder who is able to pay immediately.

I am willing to consider changes to format/rules if the proposed change is presented in a moderate, well-thought, softly-spoken manor and is free of spelling errors [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: STTF-HU CHAMPIONSHIP ** CALCUTTA(s)

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to run two(2) Calcuttas for the "HU" contest on Labor Day....It is not necessary to be there in order to participate and these "gambols" are open to all 2+2'er's.

1.) BLIND-DRAW CALCUTTA: The first 16 people to "guarantee" me that they are in, for $50, will receive a blind-draw chance to win $750 by virtue of their player winning the event. ($50 vig to organizer)...The draw will be conducted in the presence of the participants and at least two of them will verify that the draws are, indeed, "blind". If anybody buys-in, but doesn't attend, I will keep them posted on their pick-status via 2+2 PM's.

2.) REGULAR CALCUTTA: The pool will start with $1,600 (allin by "SFB" and result in him "owning" all the entries). Anybody who wants to "buy" one of the entries must bid at least $150. If someone wants to buy an entry which is already "owned" by another player, they must bid $50 more than the previous price....The calcutta will close
when the "cards are in the air"...You do not have to attend the event in order to bid/buy/or win this contest. Non-attendees will be advised of status via 2+2 PM's. Winning bidders do not have to share their prize with the player that they bought although "toking" is allowed....I fully expect that the eventual pool might be 4 or 5 grand. The organizer will take no vig on this contest.

The final field will be published as soon-as-possible.

Those that want to waste their $$$$ by buying Dali, Raptor, Beef or Zen are welcome to "buy'em while they're cheap"

Irieguy will go for the highest price/SFB next.

If a winning bidder (who is not an attendee) has not paid me prior to start of tourny, his pick will be awarded to the next-highest bidder who is able to pay immediately.

I am willing to consider changes to format/rules if the proposed change is presented in a moderate, well-thought, softly-spoken manor and is free of spelling errors [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 09:26 PM

I am in on the blind draw, if I draw Yugo, I will sell to the first bidder who offers me $15.

I will wait and see what kind of prices I can get on option 2.

If we were doing this parimutuel, I would take a $50 quinella wheeling Irieguy with Raptor, Zen, and Skipperbob.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:51 PM

O.K. Dali...You're good...Really thought I would get that one by everybody [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am in on the blind draw, if I draw Yugo, I will sell to the first bidder who offers me $15.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you $3.

Also, I'm in on the blind draw as well.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
($50 vig to organizer)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahaha.

Have a good time.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:24 PM

i'm in for #1
Old 06-18-2005, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am willing to consider changes to format/rules if the proposed change is presented in a moderate, well-thought, softly-spoken <font color="red">manor </font> and is free of spelling errors

[/ QUOTE ]
As it relates to the Calcutta (#2). I'll take the field for $50.00 real cash money (not the kind Irie prints) under the following conditions:

1. 60% of the pool goes to first place
2. 25% of the pool for 2nd
3. Whatever is left for 3rd (I'm not good at math so help me on this).

I'll bring the $50 personally and guarandamntee it to be genyouine.

SlarkerFlyMc
Old 06-18-2005, 07:54 AM

You're Down! (#4 signup = 12 left) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2005, 07:56 AM

Would have considered changes except that I deteck a note of cynicizm [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]