Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 12:36 PM

Default hand reading - what do i have?

party 100NL, 6max 6handed

i've been at the table for about 100 hands, its been playing pretty tight. i've been raising most of my hands with position. villain in this hand is loose preflop, and weak postflop. rarely leads, calls more than he bets.

i'm button w/ $115
villain is UTG, he covers

UTG calls, call, fold, i make it $5 to go, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, other guy calls.

FLOP(~$20) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
checked around to me, i bet pot. UTG is only caller.

TURN($60) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG checks, i push, UTG calls.

given my line, what hand would you put me on?

what do you call with?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: hand reading - what do i have?

K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or AxK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

actually, you probably have some ragged diamonds like 97[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 12:48 PM

Dunno, but unless you made your flush on the turn, I don't like it. I could see any two diamonds, AK or KQ with one diamond.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:50 PM

I'd say you had AK/KQ, no diamonds.

I'd be calling here with a set. Maybe he called your pre-flop raise with 8's and made trips on the flop.

Close?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AxK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-28-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say you had AK/KQ, no diamonds.

I'd be calling here with a set. Maybe he called your pre-flop raise with 8's and made trips on the flop.

Close?

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 10-28-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG calls, call, fold, i make it $5 to go, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, other guy calls.

FLOP(~$20) 5d 8d Kc
checked around to me, i bet pot. UTG is only caller.

TURN($60) Ad
UTG checks, i push, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your range of hands includes AxKd, AA, 88, 55, 6d7d, KdQd, 58s (least likely, since you'd essentially be "bluffing" that you made the flush on the turn with only 4 outs to a full house if villain made the flush). I don't think you'd push into a calling station with less than these. So, I'm thinking you either have a set, top two pair with a flush draw, or a flush on the turn with outs to a straight flush on the river. I suppose there is a chance that you are "bluffing" with QxQd or JxJd, too.

If I was villain, I would call your turn push with any flush and probably with any set. Depending on my read and my current state of loose wiring in my head, I might fold a set on the turn and give you credit for the flush, but I'd probably call hoping that you've got AxKd or something. I think I'd also call with AxKd. I would not call drawing for another diamond on the river if all I had was a single big diamond and nothing else. So, I'd essentially call with any of the hands that I put in your hand range except for the 58s, QxQd, or JxJd "bluff" hands.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:19 PM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or AxK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

actually, you probably have some ragged diamonds like 97[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

when UTG calls my flop bet, i'm positive he has at least TP. given my read, i felt UTG was calling any-sized bet here

when he calls and the river comes the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], i thought for sure i'd lost the pot. villain had K8o and MHIG.

how is my line? is betting 3/4 the pot on the turn generally a better line to take when no reads?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:19 PM

You know, you just might have 7d6x or 7x6d and push the turn with an OESFD only to have villain call with KdQx and his top pair wins unimproved. That would probably tick me off enough to post the hand here!

Close? Or was my original post better?
Old 10-28-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Why do you think he's calling a pot and a half with what might be just second pair? If he has a set or better, chances are he's going to CR all-in on the turn anyway. If he's got just one or two pair you make the most by betting 1/2 to 2/3 pot.