Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Folding small blinds

How often should I be folding small blinds early in tournaments when the big blind is 20, 50, 100, 150, 200? I seem to be calling the small blind almost every time except if it's 2-3, 2-4, 2-5,2-6,2-7,2-8,2-9,3-6,3-7,3-8,4-8, and 4-10.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Folding small blinds

When the SB is 2/3 of the BB, I complete with any two.

When the BB is 2x the SB, I limp any 2 suited, any 2 cards 10+.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When the SB is 2/3 of the BB, I complete with any two.

When the BB is 2x the SB, I limp any 2 suited, any 2 cards 10+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm seeing too many flops with these cards in the small blind.

When people talk about seeing 25% of hands they take into effect the big and small blinds, right?
Old 08-20-2005, 01:42 AM

VPIP is straight up how often you put money into the pot voluntarily preflop. Your VPIP in the small blind should be the highest of your VPIP because you can be much more loose, but there are limits.

I saw in another thread that you completed with A3o... I don't find that to be strong at all. You need to hit your ace to have a hand at all, and you are easily dominated. Hands like KT or JT aren't strong against an ace either, but much stronger than a dominated ace.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
VPIP is straight up how often you put money into the pot voluntarily preflop. Your VPIP in the small blind should be the highest of your VPIP because you can be much more loose, but there are limits.

I saw in another thread that you completed with A3o... I don't find that to be strong at all. You need to hit your ace to have a hand at all, and you are easily dominated. Hands like KT or JT aren't strong against an ace either, but much stronger than a dominated ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'll have to be more careful about the choices I make to complete the big blind. I've been giving myself confusing situations where I hit top pair, have no kicker and am facing a bet on the flop that I generally fold to...not wanting to get into a big pot in an unraised pot.