Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Party Poker 25 NL Getting Drawn out

Good Morning everyone,
I really need some help. On tilt! I posted earlier this week and it was suggested that I get Poker Tracker which I did. I really like the program alot and already plugging some holes in my game. It seems that the majority of people like to start out at 25NL Party Poker. Right now I am trying to build a sufficient bankroll by grinding it out at the 25NL. What do I do to keep people from drawing out on me. Everyone at the 25NL level plays anything that is suited, and they will chase a flush every freakin time. And guess what they have hit every single time against me. (NOT KIDDING EITHER! EVERY SINGLE TIME)(I know the odds that people will hit there flush draws 1 out of 5 times but comeon.) I'll usually have 2 pair (ex AK,AQ,AJ or even a set) and I know they have nothing but a draw. I raise and reraise and they still call. In this situation I usually make pot size raises or even a little more. PLEASE I really need some advice at this level. I know I am a pretty good player I understand poker concepts and I know how I should apply them. Quetion should I even be trying to apply poker concepts at this level. Should I play more passive instead of tight aggressive and not raise when I have premium hands. Is this just a bad run. I am very frustrated about getting drawn out everytime. I know these people are making mistakes such as they don't have the proper odds to call. Or they are a 22-1 underdog to hit there set. They are really crappy players but they are taking my money. Is this a really bad swing have you guys had this same problem.
HELP! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Party Poker 25 NL Getting Drawn out

It could be a downswing or it could be your play, nobody here can tell you that if you don't post hands. Give those chasers inappropriate odds and you will win.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:23 PM

just bet so they don't get 5:1 and hope and prey that they call on their flush draws.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:32 PM

I will post hands when I come back from work 10-7. Again I know I am a good player still have alot to learn and yes I have capitalized on there horrific play, and yes I do not give proper odds to chase after a flush but they are hitting it. One question though instead of playing so aggressive at a loose-passive table. Should I play more passive preflop. Sklansky mentions this in his book HOlDem for Advanced players. If the table is passive and won't fold to your raises, just call. (SUMMARY)

THanks
Nathan
Old 10-22-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I play more passive preflop. Sklansky mentions this in his book HOlDem for Advanced players. If the table is passive and won't fold to your raises, just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went through your massive post history. Thought you haven't read that yet? I really don't think he words it like that. More like two unsuited broadway cards dont play well multiway so take play it a little passively. I could be mistaken, haven't read it in a long long time.

No you shouldn't play more passively preflop because people don't fold. In limit maybe but in NL no way. Just raise more. Like 4xBB + 1BB for every limper. $2 open raises get called very easily at the $25 NL as well.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:00 PM

If you're giving them incorrect pot odds to call, then the play is +EV for you. If you are getting outdrawn 'every single time' then yes, you're running bad. It seems more likely that you are getting outdrawn in the big pots, and if they miss in the small pots they just fold... Remember, you don't see their cards if they miss. They aren't calling your river value bets with a set when their draw missed. One thing that helps give incorrect pot odds to call is to buy in for the maximum- this way you can make PSB or greater on the flop AND turn.