Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 04:37 PM

Default 2 AJ Hands

Hand 1

SB is TAG.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

Hand 2

Unfortunately I don't remember what my read was here. I guess that would help. So against an unknown, raise the turn? My guess was he had a weaker jack, but because of the turn pairing I was content to let him do the betting for me.

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.66 BB
Old 09-07-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Re: 2 AJ Hands

Hand 1: You have no fold equity by betting the turn, so you are better to check-call. You have the odds to call 2 cold, so do so. The river call is pretty bad. SB leads the river after the button caps the turn. I'm pretty sure he can beat top pair and if he can't the button can. You certainly don't want to get caught in between with a hand that is 2nd or 3rd best.

Hand 2: Looks fine.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:15 PM

Hand 1 is tricky. On the trun: I think you have a chance of folding out a small pair SB might have, either a low PP or something like 67. However, I think the chances of this are low and you should just check. Read of button is also important here. I think its really close. I think the river fold isnt too difficult, unless button is a maniac or goes bluff raise crazy on 3 suited boards.

Hand 2 is good
Old 09-07-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1

SB is TAG.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

Hand 2

Unfortunately I don't remember what my read was here. I guess that would help. So against an unknown, raise the turn? My guess was he had a weaker jack, but because of the turn pairing I was content to let him do the betting for me.

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.66 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 1 you are likely drawing to a diamond. Given the turn action I think one of them has a flush. That will give you 2 outs less. So you have only 8 outs, with almost 6 to 1, is this enough?

Or is my thinking wrong?