Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Hitting ROCK BOTTOM stories

I am fascinated about stpries about people hitting the absolute bottom and coming back(or not killing theirselves)So I am going to share my absolute worse gambling rock bottom experience, and if you want to, share yours also.

In 2000, suring the start of the internet gambling phase(for me)I started playing online BlackJack, this was the time when Credit Cards would let you deposit/withdrawal money almost instantly

Anyway, I was playing around midnight, and I was only playing $10 a hand, but I hit a hot streak like crazy, I eventually got up to $25 a hand, then $50, then I started playing 2-3 hands at a time. After bout 3 hours, I was up $4400 o....I was ready to withdrawal it all but $200, I told myself one more hand to make it an even $4500, but I lsot that hand, so I had to get that money back.....it took me less than 10 minutes to lose every single dime of that $4400, I almost broke down and cried. Even when the money was going down to 3000, then 2000 then 1000, I never saw that as profit, I saw that as aloss because I was up earlier.It was like I was hyponotized, because I knew I was on tilt but I couldnt do anything about it

All I really lost that night was $100 (in real money)but I felt like I was kicked on the gut, and that was my lowest gambling moment ever