Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 55 in TPG folded to you in MP2
Fold 16 24.62%
Call 11 16.92%
Raise 38 58.46%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Most tilty game?

Which game do you think puts players on tilt the most? I know that when I first started playing, I was running through SNGs and I would tilt pretty bad if I lost a bunch in a row. I found that I tilt less at ring games, although I've been on a bad downswing lately and I started to yell at the computer.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Most tilty game?

I said limit because thats the only thing I play seriously. If I lose at any of the others...well I always have the exscuse that "I suck at NL/tournaments."
Old 04-30-2005, 02:52 PM

NL ring games for me. Nothing like getting 2 outed with your whole stack on the line to tilt people. I spose you could say limit gives greater opportunity to tilt simply because if you lose a big limit hand you probably have money behind to tilt away, losing a big hand in NL requires a rebuy which stop a lot of people.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:39 PM

i said MTT's b/c ring games i can always reload and no big deal, just wait them out and pick my spots to get it back...time is not an issue. in a MTT tourny if i get sucked out and my stack is deplenished now i have to make moves b/c time is a factor.

personally, when i get my stack chopped in half in a MTT the air seems to really be taken out of me and i get really frustrated.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:17 AM

In my limited experience, I'd say MTTs are the most tilty. I have never cashed in one, and bubbled in the last few I played. However, I play really tiny stakes MTTs, and I've only played 10 or so, but it's still really annoying to play for 3 hours and get nothing. I thought I had gotten rid of tilt from my ring games, but a big enough downswing (5 buy-ins) will still do it.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:14 AM

If you tilt while playing NL you can blow off a lot of money, but at the same time you exercise more control.

People seem to have losing sessions much more often in limit than NL though, but that may just be because of the higher limit player percentage at 2+2.