Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 03:19 PM

Default 10/20, QQ, GREAT table, weak flop fold?

So I was playing in a SWEET 10/20 6max game last night. seriously the best table I have ever sat at. I table selected this one good. everyone was 40+ VP$IP, and two players were 50+.

this is my last orbit and I'm sad I have to leave, but one of the donators busted and was replaced by (in my estimation, and certainly relative to the dudes at THIS table) a tight aggressive good player who had a very advantageous seat (two to my right). since it was nearing the end of the session anyways I decided to just bail.

anyways, 5 handed. I'm UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and naturally I raise. loose and terrible passive donator folds, Loose aggro Button calls, good TAG calls in SB, loose preflop-typical postflop BB calls.

flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
TAG bets, BB calls, I fold.

seemed weak at first. The caller complicates things of course even though he could have a multitude of hands which I am very ahead of, same with the LAG button although he could force me into some errors if he and the TAG combine to get jiggy with their draws. What is your range here if you're the TAG?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: 10/20, QQ, GREAT table, weak flop fold?

Good fold. That K is in the coldcalling wheelhouse (for everyone) and it makes some sense that the tag might bet out with a K since he can't really expect you to bet missed high cards into this field. 55 or 44 also fit as do some diamond draws, but I think even when he has a draw you are still in trouble a lot of the time between the calling BB and the still to act Button, and when you do happen to be ahead it isn't by much.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:40 PM

part of what made me fold is the fact that I had just read a post in the archives by peter_rus where he was talking about differences he noticed in 10/20 vs. 5/10, and the bullet point that really smacked me in the face was

"seems there is more calling HU and less multiway"
Old 10-19-2005, 03:43 PM

I sometimes fold this and sometimes don't. Often I will peel on the flop because Villian will often check his draw on the turn. Then the flop caller will normally bet his K and you can fold. If they both check to you then normally you are ahead and it only cost you 1 SB. The key to this hand is to not aimlessly call down.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:43 PM

bad fold, he's leading 66-TT here hoping you raise out button and to feel you out. He might even 3-bet and lead the turn and fold to a raise, which is probably what I'd do with these donks calling along on air.

I would raise the flop.