Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Plan for this hand

The 2 lags had folded and the rest of these guys are the typical trying to play goot types. Tight pre-flop, passive post-flop.

I planned on raising a non-scary turn and if scary turn comes seeing a showdown as cheaply as possible.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero
Old 06-08-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Plan for this hand

I think your scary turn plan fits the bill.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:38 PM

Not me. I've got the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Most straight completing turn cards give me a gutshot. I'm worried about 4 overcards. I raise the donkbet and hope for a 3-bet to clear the trapped donks.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not me. I've got the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Most straight completing turn cards give me a gutshot. I'm worried about 4 overcards. I raise the donkbet and hope for a 3-bet to clear the trapped donks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hoping for a 3-bet is hoping for a lot with these guys. I *might* be able to fold an ace on the turn by raising this flop and betting. Thing is, if someone has an ace he's already drawing pretty slim. The K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is a good point, but planning on a runner runner straight seems nuts.

What do the rest of you fellers think?
Old 06-08-2005, 01:00 PM

I like waiting.

-d
Old 06-08-2005, 01:03 PM

I think you need to value-raise the flop. On a draw heavy board players are going to be happy to put their money in the pot. If there's a bunch of callers they're likely hogging each others outs. 1/2 of the deck is going to make you pretty unhappy on the turn but, 1/4 of the deck will still leave you with outs.

I raise.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not me. I've got the K . Most straight completing turn cards give me a gutshot. I'm worried about 4 overcards. I raise the donkbet and hope for a 3-bet to clear the trapped donks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoping for a 3-bet is hoping for a lot with these guys. I *might* be able to fold an ace on the turn by raising this flop and betting. Thing is, if someone has an ace he's already drawing pretty slim. The K is a good point, but planning on a runner runner straight seems nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna agree with StevieP on this on. "Dont' Stop Believin'!" You are likely still ahead here but villains have caught some piece or some draw. Raise, hope to get help from SB and see if you can't thin the field a bit. Also, if a scary card does come it likely gives you a draw as well and if the table is passive like you say then you can decide if you want to take a free card when they check it around to you on the turn. Also, the only A that you're really worried about clearing is the Ac. If one of the villains has any of the other A then he's drawing to 3 outs and we're fine with him staying around. But you want to push that Ac out if someone's got it which may be accomplished with a raise if SB will cooperate with a 3-bet.
I think HERO Raises here!

I'll check later to see what Hero did and what the turn looks like...

ThisHo
Old 06-08-2005, 01:23 PM

I would raise for a free card, at the least. Then bet the turn if a good card comes.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise for a free card, at the least. Then bet the turn if a good card comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You absolutely, positively don't want to give a free card here.

-d
Old 06-08-2005, 01:49 PM

Good post. Interesting hand.

I am leaning toward raising the flop.

You can't be sure you will be bet into again on the turn. Any [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] may slow the field.

If you are bet into on the turn by SB and everyone calls you are still not making it incorrect for them to call, but you are standing to make more $$$. Also saving $$$ if a card like 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls on the turn.

You may be behind to a set or str8 already, so what is your plan for the turn if SB leads and 3-bets a blank?