Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Tom Sartori (musicboy1) - Main Event Coverage

Anyone familiar w/ him? I know he plays limit cash games at PokerRoom. He had a lot of face time during last night's coverage, especially w/ the hand against Mizrachi. He's a pretty popular musician in the Western New York area and seemingly a nice guy. However, I know he received some flack from a few of the players at PokerRoom for being a donk and Norman Chad said "great musician, bad poker player" Just wondering if anyone's played against him.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Tom Sartori (musicboy1) - Main Event Coverage

I was in the audience by the feature table for a fair amount of his play there. Also saw some later play by him. I found his play to generally be hyper-aggressive with substandard hands. The all in reraise with AJo on a JTT board seemed to typify his play against a wide variety of opponents, not just tricky aggressive pros like Mizrachi. It ended up working out pretty well. He got lucky. Based on his play and my own experiences on pokerroom, I would not be the least bit surprised if he didn't do very well there.

I'm not going to spoil your viewing in later episodes by being specific, but there's another hand that fits into the above picture that is very likely to be televised.

A woman that had talked with him a bit at the ME told me the main reason he played in the WSOP was to try to promote his music. She didn't make it sound like he took poker all that seriously. She also basically told me that he didn't like to fold, but preferred to always just raise and get all in.

FWIW