Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2004, 09:18 PM

Default Canterbury 15/30 - KQs turn decision

I got to Minnesota a little early for the 2+2 game yesterday, so I swung by Canterbury for a few hours and met up with Schneids. They started a second 15/30 game moments after I arrived, and Schneids and I both sat at it. The game developed into a must-move, and Schneids got moved to the main game ~45 minutes before I did. This hand is from the main game, and it was my 6th or 7th hand at the table, so reads were a little light.

I am dealt KdQd

UTG open-raises. EMP cold-calls, Schneids (MP) cold-calls, I shoot Schneids a funny look and declare that if he can cold-call, I can cold-call too (From LMP). SB and BB come along…6 to the flop.

Flop: K Q 3r, with one diamond

UTG bet, EMP call, Schneids raises, I 3bet, the two blinds fold, UTG calls, EMP calls, Schneids makes it 4, I cap, all call.

Turn: [K Q 3] 6d, giving me top two and a 2nd nut flush draw.

Checked to Schneids and he bets

I feel like I have announced my hand (at least I have to a decent player like Schneids). I have a few things to consider now.

- Could Schneids have played 33 here?
- What about our drawing friends behind us? Did Schneids bet with KQ, fully knowing that he was tied at best, hoping that I would raise to knock out the guys behind me?
Old 07-25-2004, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Canterbury 15/30 - KQs turn decision

If he played 33, or KK or QQ that way, slap him upside the head after he drags a big pot.

At any rate, I'd raise the turn, you most likely have the best hand or you are freerolling, if EMP has JT, let him draw to his 6 outer and let UTG with his AK draw to his 3 outer. Even if UTG has KK or QQ, which seems unlikely given his flop play, you've got outs.