Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 04:46 PM

Default AKs meets resistance, I have two overs + flush draw

Hey, thanks for reading.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($24.25)
UTG ($64)
UTG+1 ($97.40)
MP1 ($55.55)
MP2 ($99.47)
MP3 ($58.45)
CO ($93)
Hero ($49.25)
SB ($48.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls $1.75.

Flop: ($5.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, CO calls $9.

Turn: ($35.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

River: ($55.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $20</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $75.75

Thanks for comments on all streets.

-Grant
Old 12-03-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: AKs meets resistance, I have two overs + flush draw

Looks good to me.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:53 PM

Other than making it $3 to go preflop, I like how you played the hand. You semi-bluffed the flop which was a goot thing. And you can't do much more on the turn than call him. Your stack size means you have 0 FE and you are getting good enough odds to just call.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:26 PM

I dont play with a short stack, but if I did, I mightve just pushed the flop all in here.

Youre probably the favorite and you teach people not to lead into you.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:12 AM

Donkey Q here:

Since the hand range of CO is basically 3/3-10/10, meaning 4 times out of 8 he has a set, should one be eliminating the 6 and 10 of hearts aces, and kings as possible outs as one makes calculations?

Or should one take the weak turn bet as a sure sign he's got 55,77,88 or 99, meaning that those outs can be counted on?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont play with a short stack, but if I did, I mightve just pushed the flop all in here.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's only $0.75 short.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:45 AM

Raise more pre-flop. How well do you know you're opponent, why is he only betting 1/3 of the pot on the turn? Does he have a made hand or is it a feeble attempt to steal the pot? I think he's drawing or his hand is pretty weak. Why would he be value-betting the turn if it's possible he's beaten or you could outdraw him? If he flopped a set, he's right to bet into you, but why just call your reraise, he should've pushed with the set there. Sure, you may fold and he misses your ten dollars on the turn, then again, if you have an overpair, you may call and he could stack you with his set. I think what I just wrote doesn't make any sense. I'm trying to think what I would do in your situation. F-it, I would have played it the same way I suppose. If he's going to give you odds on the turn to outdraw him, take them. Although, unless he's a calling station, I think he can be bluffed off this hand. It just seems very weak to me.
EDIT: I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the stack sizes at first, for some reason I thought they were deeper. In that case, call the turn. He'd probably get it all in anyhow and all you have is Ace high.